Social Media Policy
The Student Union at the University of Melbourne publishes profiles on social media platforms to facilitate engagement between itself and the community it serves and represents, which is primarily students enrolled at the University. The Student Union reserves the right to moderate contributions to remain consistent with this objective.
- Contributions must be honest, ethical and submitted in good faith
- Content that is abusive, sexist, homophobic, racist, militaristic or religiously intolerant will be removed and repeat offenders will be blocked
- Spam advertising and content that is generic or not specifically relevant to students enrolled at the University of Melbourne will be removed
- The Student Union’s commercial partners may post content subject to the same conditions. Commercial contributions must be submitted by official corporate or organisational accounts to facilitate transparency
- Contributions from personal accounts promoting commercial interests will be removed