Events Assistant and BBQ maestro
Food and Beverage Attendant
The Events Assistant will provide support and assistance in organisational wide events such as SummerFest and WinterFest, involving on-ground presence during these events.
The BBQs Maestro (Food and Beverage Attendant) facilitates the delivery of food and non-alcoholic drinks service across a range of events for UMSU. This may include supporting the successful running of events, and provides training, advice and support to other casual employees and/or event volunteers.
Key Duties (events)
- Assisting with required duties such as set up and pack down of marquees, tables, chairs, general tasks at major events
- Working at UMSU Events, using popcorn machine and other food handling activities in accordance with safe food handling practices at events
- Support the Events team with office-based tasks in the lead up to SummerFest and other large scale events
- Assisting with OH&S and logistics for each event, when required
- Be on ground during events assisting, wayfinding and supporting the students and UMSU events team
- Other ad hoc duties as and when required by the Events Coordinator
- Greet event attendee’s and assist community, students with their enquiries, wayfinding and general campus information
- Direct students and stakeholders to relevant staff who can assist with their queries (e.g. referral to first aid/security/Stop One)
- Other customer service duties as required
Key Duties (BBQ Maestro)
- Oversee the set-up, pack-down, cleaning and food and drinks service of UMSU barbeques;
- Operate and maintain cooking equipment including preparation, cooking and serving food;
- Supervise food and beverage volunteers in the safe operation of barbeque equipment and food service;
- Monitor stock movements and stock records.
- Manage temporary cash tills;
- Oversee stock movements and stock records and reconcile with takings;
- Monitor cash handling of other casual employees and/or volunteers.
- Provide training, advice and support to other casual employees and/or volunteers on the operation and maintenance of cooking equipment, and cash handling protocols.
Essential Skills and Qualifications
- Previous experience in food service and/or event assistance;
- Demonstrated skills and commitment to high-level customer service;
- Interpersonal, analytical and communication skills, with the ability to show initiative and flexibility;
- Ability to work independently and as an effective team member;
- Demonstrated knowledge of interpreting and applying guidelines, practices and procedures;
- Familiarity in the operation and maintenance of kegging equipment; and
- Demonstrated ability to relate well to students and young people.
- A valid Victorian Working With Children Check;
Click the link below the Apply Now to register your interest, or hit back to browse other roles.
Click here to register your interest