Events Operations Officer
🎉 Are You Ready to Energise Campus Life? Join UMSU as an Events Operations Officer! 🎉
🚀 Position: Events and Operations Officer
🌐 Division: Communication, Marketing & Events
📅 Employment Status: Full-time, Ongoing
📍 Location: University of Melbourne, Parkville
🗓️ Start Date: November 2023
UMSU – Where Passion Meets Purpose!
With a living history that extends over 130 years, The University of Melbourne Student Union Inc (UMSU) is not just an organisation – it's a vibrant hub where creativity, diversity, and social justice intertwine to offer students of the University of Melbourne an enriching campus experience. We're the voice and heart of the student community, constantly buzzing with activities, events, and initiatives that make campus life unforgettable!
As a non-profit organisation run by students, for students, we keep the arts, representation, advocacy, live music, and cultural services alive on campus.
UMSU enables students to get more out of their time at the University. We provide opportunities for students to immerse themselves in a wealth of cultural facilities and events, whilst having access to quality support services. At its heart UMSU is committed to ensuring students have advocacy and representation on campus; ensuring student voices are heard while making students’ time at the University fun and enjoyable.
As our Events and Operations Officer, you're the maestro behind the curtain, orchestrating events that leave a lasting impact. Your mission? To plan, produce, and deliver a kaleidoscope of events that infuse fun, engagement, and excitement into student life.
Key Beats ( Accountabilities) of Your Role:
- Choreograph UMSU’s event calendar, turning ideas into unforgettable experiences.
- Lead the parade from planning to execution, ensuring each event hits the right notes.
- Juggle logistics, safety, and compliance, making sure every detail is pitch-perfect.
- Collaborate with an ensemble of staff, students, and external partners, syncing efforts for show-stopping outcomes.
- Manage resources and guide your team, ensuring every event is a standing ovation.
Your Backstage Pass (Need to Have):
- A tertiary qualification in event programming/production or equivalent rockstar experience.
- Organisational skills that would impress a maestro, with a knack for managing multiple gigs at once.
- A flair for risk assessment and keeping things safely on beat.
- Relationship-building skills that turn collaborators into fans.
- A passion for youth engagement and a drive to make every event a chart-topper.
Encore Performances (Nice to Have):
- Experience in a student organisation, community or welfare environment.
- An understanding of the range of issues affecting tertiary students.
Why Join the UMSU Backstage Crew?
You're not just planning events – you're creating memories, fostering connections, and shaping the university journey for thousands. At UMSU, you'll find a stage where your creativity, passion, and dedication to inclusivity make a real difference. And let's not forget, you'll be part of a team that's as enthusiastic about making a positive impact as you are!
What’s on offer:
- A cause driven workplace with an eclectic culture and flexible approach to our work;
- True life/work balance – check out our benefits which include a 35-hour working week, 5 weeks leave, leave loading 17.5% and 12% superannuation (pro rata); and
- Access to professional development opportunities tailored to you and your career path
Ready to Raise the Curtain? Here's how to Apply:
If you're eager to play a leading role in the UMSU story, orchestrating events that resonate with every beat of campus life, we can't wait to hear your ideas. Apply now and let's make some noise together! View the position description here.
This is a full-time ongoing role (35 hours per week), position with a starting base salary of $ 86,976 plus 12% superannuation.
Applications for this position close 9am Monday 20/11/2023 and should be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Interviews will commence as soon as we start receiving relevant resumes. Applications should include:
- a cover letter addressing the key selection criteria
- Applications which fail to address the key selection criteria will not be considered.
All applicants require:
- a valid Employee Working with Children Check or should be willing to get one
- verification of unrestricted work rights in Australia- citizenship, passport, or birth certificate or Visa grant letter.
UMSU reserves the right to withdraw an advertised position at any stage.
If at any stage of the recruitment and selection process you require an alternative format to the application material or reasonable adjustment to the interview arrangements, please contact us at email@example.com
First Nations people, women, people of all ages, with disabilities and culturally and linguistically diverse people across all gender spectrums are strongly encouraged to apply.
UMSU is a child safe organisation where we value diversity, embrace difference, and nurture a connected, safe, and respectful community. UMSU is a proud member of the Australian Network for Disability. We are committed to creating and maintaining a diverse, inclusive, and safe volunteer and work environment.
UMSU acknowledges the Wurundjeri people as the Traditional Owners and Custodians of the lands on which we work and pay our respects to Indigenous Elders past, present and emerging. Sovereignty has never been ceded. It always was and always will be, Aboriginal land.