Biomedicine Students’ Orchestra (MUBSO)
The Melbourne University Biomedicine Students’ Orchestra, better known as MUBSO, is a club for students from all backgrounds and faculties of the University of Melbourne, united by a love of music and passion for charity. The core of our orchestra revolves around playing classical music of a high standard, which in turn provides a fulfilling creative outlet for both the players and the community.
Whilst not exclusively for Biomedicine students, MUBSO has a strong medical focus through our concerts and volunteering events, in which we strive to play close to the heart and foster a love of music. At its heart, our orchestra provides students with a break from their academic studies – allowing students to meet with like-minded people, and cultivate their needs for emotional expression through music. If music, medicine, or altruism is your passion, then we’d love for you to join the MUBSO family!
If you’re interested in joining us or if you have any questions, then please contact us via any of the links below, and for more information please visit our website or Facebook page below!
- To foster the creative talents and abilities of students at the University of Melbourne.
- To allow for social interaction and networking amongst Biomedicine students.
- To serve and give back to the community through musical volunteering, charity events, and fundraisers.
- To provide a creative outlet as a stress relief for students, which supports a good balance to their University life.
- To bridge the gap between Music and Biomedicine.
Biomedicine Students’ Orchestra
Mailbox 183, 1st floor Union House
The University of Melbourne, 3010
You can also sign up through our online club membership form.