If you are interested in learning about Blockchain, the technology behind Bitcoin, come and join The Melbourne University Blockchain Association (MUBA), the first ever Blockchain club at Melbourne University! With a mission of promoting the awareness and engagement with Blockchain technology across all facets of its implementation, we actively organise networking events, workshops and panel discussions to add value for our members. By facilitating corporate and industry engagement, you will develop lasting networks that will pave your way to being an expert, realising the gravity of the disruption and taking your opportunities to be a part of it.
- To analyse various up-and-coming decentralised ledger technology projects in order to judge whether they have real-world potential.
- To increase awareness on what blockchain technology and decentralised ledger technology is, and on what their corresponding practical applications are.
- To discuss the use of cryptocurrencies as an alternative to fiat-based currencies in the future and their effects on the financial industry.
- To build a network of blockchain and decentralised ledger technology industry professionals that continually engage with the club.
- To bring multiple departments together to shape a common understanding on the benefits of blockchain and decentralised ledger technology.
- To facilitate education and mentorship programs that help individuals understand practical implications and real world use cases.
Mailbox 133, 1st floor Union House
The University of Melbourne 3010