Civil & Structural Society
The Melbourne University Civil & Structural Society (MUCSS) is a faculty-based, student-run body for Civil and Structural Engineering students. MUCSS is affiliated with the University of Melbourne Student Union (UMSU).
MUCSS has been set up by current students undertaking the Master of Civil or Structural Engineering. The aim of the club is to develop a strong cohort within the Civil and Structural community at Melbourne University. This will be achieved via social events such as barbecues and trivia nights. In addition, professional networking industry nights and study support networks will be run by the club.
The club is aimed towards Master of Civil and Structural Engineering students but is open to anyone interested in these fields. Look out for events on the Facebook page, posters around campus and announcements in lectures!
- To promote civil and structural engineering throughout the University.
- To promote and facilitate interaction between civil/structural engineering students via on-campus social networking events and study support groups.
- To facilitate professional development of civil/structural students through industry network events.
- To increase interaction between students and staff in the civil/structural faculty.
- To work closely with the Graduates’ Infrastructure Engineering Society (GIES) to achieve shared initiatives.
Melbourne University Civil & Structural Society
c/o Clubs & Societies Office
First Floor, Union House
University of Melbourne, 3010