Civil & Structural Society
MUCSS has been set up by current students undertaking the Master of Civil or Structural Engineering. The aim of the club is to develop a strong cohort within the Civil and Structural community at Melbourne University by organising events both in-person and online to bring our members together. This will be achieved via social events such as our barbecues, trivia and game nights and our Discord server, as well as professional networking and industry events, and study support networks.
Our events are aimed at Master of Civil and Structural Engineering students but membership is open to anyone interested in these fields. Look out for events on our Facebook and Instagram pages, posters around campus and announcements in lectures and on the LMS!
- To promote civil and structural engineering throughout the University.
- To promote and facilitate interaction between civil/structural engineering students via on-campus social networking events and study support groups.
- To facilitate professional development of civil/structural students through industry network events.
- To increase interaction between students and staff in the civil/structural faculty.
- To work closely with the Graduates’ Infrastructure Engineering Society (GIES) to achieve shared initiatives.
Melbourne University Civil & Structural Society
c/o Clubs & Societies Office
First Floor, Union House
University of Melbourne, 3010