Interfaith Exchanges is club that aims to foster understanding, sharing and interaction between people from different faiths and beliefs. Through roundtable discussions, acknowledging special holy days, sharing food and forging friendships, we all can learn from one another. All faiths and beliefs have ideas, values and traditions that need to be shared and celebrated in a safe and comfortable environment! This interaction will enable us to recognise each other’s needs, respect one another, break stereotypes and build a university atmosphere that is open and respectful to people from all walks of life. So if you want to bring ideas, values and stories to the table, learn and share experiences from others and learn more about people from different faiths and beliefs, become a member or join the committee!
- To facilitate a cooperative, constructive and positive interaction between students from different faiths and beliefs.
- To break down existent stereotypes relating to different faith groups by increasing our understanding of and respect for one another’s faiths and beliefs.
- To provide an avenue for people to establish a community in which discussions about religious commonalities and differences are embraced.
- To provide a platform for social cohesion, interaction, long-lasting bonds and exchange between people from different faiths and beliefs.
- To stimulate harmony within our multicultural and multi-faith university.
Mailbox 126, 1st floor Union House
The University of Melbourne 3010
You can also sign up through our online membership form.