The Labor Club is a home for progressive minded students on campus. Affiliated with the Australian Labor Party, we facilitate election campaigning, networking opportunities, and engagement with federal and state Labor parliamentarians. Somewhat uniquely for a political club, the Labor Club is also dedicated to open and non-judgmental debate, with an eye to shaping and influencing party policy. Dissent and disagreement, our club believes, makes our club and our party strong, and to that end we provide regular forums for discussion about topical policy issues.
- Promote and pursue the ideals and values of the Australian Labor Party and the broader labour movement on campus.
- Provide a forum for people concerned with student unionism to discuss issues of concern.
- Encourage participation in the Student Union and all other facets of student representation on campus.
- Encourage commitment to the principle of affirmative action and equal opportunity.
- Develop a fully participatory decision making process and support the policies formulated by the club.
First Floor, Union House
University of Melbourne VIC 3010
You can also sign up through our online membership form.