Founded in 2011, the Melbourne University Oxfam Group is a student-run representative of Oxfam Australia. We focus on how we can help YOU help the world.
• We seek to promote awareness about the various Oxfam campaigns. We campaign about a range of issues including Indigenous health, fair trade and food sustainability.
• We find volunteering opportunities offered by Oxfam and other organisations affiliated with Oxfam. We notify members about these opportunities via monthly email newsletters and regular Facebook posts. For major volunteering events, we organise groups of Melbourne University members to volunteer together. For other events, we notify you when there are opportunities, but you will need to organise the volunteering yourself.
• We hold regular events for members to promote the above, and also to provide opportunities to meet other students who are also passionate about social justice.
To become a Melbourne University Oxfam Group member, please come along to any of our events and fill out the membership form.
- To provide a presence for Oxfam Australia on campus and connect University of Melbourne students to the wider Oxfam community.
- To be a leader in raising awareness regarding Australian Indigenous issues on campus, on behalf of Oxfam Australia.
- To raise awareness and encourage students to participate in recognising and responding to Oxfam’s campaigns to reduce inequality in order to create a ‘just world without poverty’.
- To liaise and collaborate with existing clubs on issues such as fair-trade, climate changes, international poverty and justice in order to maximise the impact and response of our joint efforts (e.g. Anti-Poverty Week).
First Floor, Union House
University of Melbourne VIC 3010