Power to Change (Disciplemakers)
Power to Change (Disciplemakers) is a campus Christian group for both Christians and non-Christians. We love to hang out and discuss our beliefs with people who are searching and want to find out more about Christianity. If you are Christian and you are wanting an opportunity to grow in your walk and be involved in fellowship, Power to Change offers both these things in abundance. We offer weekly bible studies, annual camps, beach missions, social events and much more. Keen? Check us out on Facebook (Power to Change Melbourne University).
- To produce world-changing Christians through discipleship, as commissioned by Jesus Christ: Then Jesus came to them and said, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Therefore, go and make disciples of all nations, baptising them in the name of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.” Matthew 28:18-20
- Disciples are learners, learning more through experience and practice than instruction. Jesus spent less than 3 years with His small group of men, and developed world-changing leaders. These leaders learned and taught others how to walk by faith, communicate their faith, and multiply their faith:
- To walk by faith: “It has given me great joy to find some of your children walking in the truth, just as the Father commanded us…And this is love: that we walk in obedience to his commands. As you have heard from the beginning, his command is that you walk in love.” John 1:4,6
- To walk by faith is to know and follow Christ; to obey His commands and to exercise faith in Him in every area of life. When learning to walk by faith, students learn how to: understand and know Christ personally, live securely in Christ and salvation, understand the role of the Holy Spirit, and read and apply Scripture to their life.
- To communicate faith: “When Jesus had called the Twelve together…he sent them out to preach the kingdom of God and to heal the sick.”-Luke 9:1-3 “After this the Lord appointed seventy-two others and sent them two by two ahead of him to every town and place where he was about to go. He told them, “The harvest is plentiful, but the workers are few. Ask the Lord of the harvest, therefore, to send out workers into his harvest field.” Luke 10:1-2
- Through learning how to build relationships which demonstrate love and by initiating respectful dialogue, students learn how to communicate Christ’s central message: that God is love and has provided means of reconciliation through his Son, so that we may know Him personally and have eternal life (John 3:16).
- This aim also provides opportunities and a safe place for spiritually interested non-Christians to explore the claims of Christ and better understand how they can begin a relationship with God.
- To multiply faith: “And the things you have heard me say in the presence of many witnesses, entrust to reliable men who will also be qualified to teach others.” 2 Tim 2:2
- Jesus didn’t just teach His disciples how to walk by faith and communicate their faith. Through His personal mentorship, Jesus lived among His disciples and imparted His personal wisdom and knowledge to them. He instructed them to go and to teach others all He had imparted to them. The disciples followed Jesus example and command, and went out to disciple others, who in turn, discipled others.
Power to Change (Disciplemakers)
First Floor Union House
University of Melbourne Vic 3010
You can also sign up through our online membership form.