RISE aims to develop soft skills through esports, such as leadership, teamwork, communication, confidence, emotional resilience etc. Our members are given the opportunity to attend weekly interactive workshops where they’re pushed outside their comfort zone in a safe and welcoming environment.
For those who want to extend themselves, a League of Legends trainee program is also offered. This involves weekly matches and additional meetings, where students work in a close-knit team to apply everything they’ve learned from the workshops.
- To help students recognize that the skills they utilize in Esports can be applied to real life situations.
- To provide a platform for students uninterested in mainstream hobbies to develop key employability skills such as leadership, teamwork and adaptability, while pursuing their passion for Esports.
- To challenge the status quo and remove the outdated and prejudicial stereotype that all gamers are anti-social or undeveloped.
- To show employers and society how the complexity of these team-based video games can provide more soft skill development than any other typical extra-curricular or part-time job.
- To empower students to realise their potential, be more ambitious and confident.
- To create a ‘safe-to-fail’ environment where learning from mistakes is strongly encouraged.
Mailbox 13, Level 1 Union House
The University of Melbourne, Vic, 3010
You can also sign up through our online membership form.