Women in Economics Students’ Society (WESS)
The Women in Economics Students’ Society (WESS) was founded with the overarching aim of encouraging women to study and pursue a career in economics. We hold events and produce newsletters and other publications in pursuit of the Society’s aims. WESS has developed contacts with a number of economics organisations throughout the private, public and not-for-profit sectors and has a strong relationship with the Women in Economics Network (WEN). WESS is a welcoming and inclusive society with membership open to anyone who supports the aims of the Society, regardless of gender.
- To encourage women to study and pursue a career in economics
- To promote gender equality of opportunity, particularly for women in economics
- To raise awareness of opportunities available in economics, including mentoring, internship and graduate programs, particularly for women.
- To celebrate role models in the field of economics, particularly women
- To disseminate information and promote discussion on economic issues
- To provide opportunities for members to meet other students who support the aims of the Society
Women in Economics Students Society
C/- C&S Office, Ground Floor, Union house
The University of Melbourne, Vic, 3010
You can also sign up through our online membership form.