UMSU INTL News
UMSU International is proud to take you on a journey BLAST TO THE PAST with Festival of Nations 2017! Through this year’s vintage theme, let us celebrate culture and tradition from different nations through their most iconic moments in history!
Date : 4th October 2017 – 5th October 2017
Venue : North Court, Union House, The University of Melbourne
In the span of two days, we bring you:
1. PERFORMANCES, such as 1920s Great Gatsby dance, Suns of Mercury band (known for their traditional and exotic mix of music instruments), as well as unimelb’s own best talents!
2. SILENT DISCO (Wednesday, 4th October)
3. DANCE WORKSHOP, by MUDC (Thursday, 5th October)
4. PHOTO BOOTH and HENNA BOOTH at Members Lounge
5. BOUNCING CASTLE at Concrete Lawn (Thursday, 5th October)
6. FOOD, FOOD, AND MORE FOOD from a multitude of cultures presented by various student clubs and societies
7. LUCKY DRAW for a chance to win amazing prizes! (Vouchers eligible to be redeemed for lucky draw are earned through participating in surveys and/or purchasing food from participating stalls.)
Additionally, for the first time ever, we are excited to introduce a sports tournament we’d like to call: Game of Nations! Come watch your friends being crowned as the true badminton/futsal winners at #FONs2k17!
What are you waiting for, peeps? It’ll surely be a blast!
P.S. Wearing your traditional clothes will earn you some cool points with us! 😉
For more information, please view the link below:
International Student Survey 2017
UMSU International is having an annual International Student Survey to provide international students the opportunity to give feedback on your experiences learning and living in Australia.
You will also be put in the LUCKY DRAW to win various prizes. PRIZES include Beats Headphones, JBL Speakers, Coles & Myer Gift Cards and Hoyts Movie Tickets. Please note that only University of Melbournestudent emails will be put in the draw.
Link for survey: bit.ly/umsuiss2017
For more information, do visit the event page: