Anti Racism Workshops
Are you passionate about dismantling racism? Ready to lead discussions and share your knowledge? Apply to present at UMSU People of Colour’s Anti-Racism Workshops!
You will be asked to prepare a presentation on a topic of your choice and lead the discussion for around an hour. This is a great opportunity to do some more activism in your community, and what’s more, this is a paid role.
Some examples of topics include micro-aggressions, the importance of intersectionality, racism within feminist movements, literary activism, and the impact of colonialism on queerness, and more!
Applications for Semester 2 2021 are OPEN! We plan on running workshops on weeks 3, 5, 7, and 9 of the university calendar. You must be Bla(c)k, Indigenous or a Person of Colour to apply. Terms and conditions apply*
Simply fill out the form below and someone will be in touch. Feel free to email us if you have any questions!
Terms and conditions:
- One application for one workshop topic must be submitted at the time of applying.
- The speaker’s presentation must not extend beyond 1 hour and must include a Q&A/discussion/activity segment either during the 1 hour timeframe or after.
- If two or more presenters would like to jointly present a workshop, payment must be equally split among the presenters, as it is assumed that the labour to create the workshop elements is divided equally among the presenters
- Payment is done according to the degree level of the applicant and scales up accordingly, this is done at the discretion of the People of Colour Committee.
- Workshops must be held in Weeks 3,5,7,9 of the university semester calendar unless circumstances require the presenter to do a workshop outside of these times, this must be known to the office bearers as soon as possible and the officers will str.
- Officers reserve the right to cancel a workshop if notice of these circumstances is given less than 1 week prior to the intended workshop date
- Applications submitted for the anti-racism workshop program must be reviewed and approved by the People of Colour committee before the officers may coordinate the logistics of said workshop.
- If the applicant seeks to appeal against any of these terms and conditions and have strong reasoning to do so, they must appear in front of the People of Colour Committee to plead their case. This can be done by emailing the department and requesting the details of the next meeting to be forwarded to them in order to join.
adopted by the People of Colour Committee on 8th of July 2021 – Meeting 12(21)