UMSU Sexual Assault and Harassment Working Group
Watch this space, it will be updated soon!
Next Meeting: Friday 21st August
Time: 12:45PM AEST
You are invited to a Zoom meeting.
When: Aug 21, 2020 12:45 PM Canberra, Melbourne, Sydney
Register in advance for this meeting:
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting.
UMSU Women’s Online Community Safe Space Policy
Please note: UMSU Women’s Zoom meetings are safe spaces. To make sure all students are safe and comfortable in this space, please note that transphobia, racism, ableism, classism, fatphobia and misogyny are not acceptable in this space, as well as any other form of discrimination not listed. If you engage in any form of discrimination or disrespectful behaviour, the host of the collective has the right to remove you from the collective.
Please follow these guidelines when in a virtual collective:
Online Community Behaviour guidelines:
Do Not Assume:
- You know anyone else’s experience of gender and sexuality, or other details about their personal background. Do not make assumptions or statements about what is ‘normal’.
- We have the same level of background knowledge. Try to clarify when someone makes a mistake. Avoid insider language like acronyms.
- We have the same values of what is inherently wrong or right.
- That it is the responsibility of other individuals to police your language.
- That all women are welcomed and valued in this space, including trans women.
- That sex workers use this space and are entitled to respect.
- That we all come from different backgrounds and we all have an equal right to the freedom to be self-expressive without fear of being uncomfortable, unwelcome, or unsafe due to one’s gender assigned at birth, cultural background, age, mental/physical ability, sexual orientation, race/ethnicity, gender expression, class.
- That every one in this space is entitled to respect on the basis of the respect they extend to other perspectives and experiences.