UMSU Sexual Assault and Harassment Working Group
This working group is made of representatives from various UMSU Departments. It is chaired by Srishti and minutes are uploaded and taken by Mickhaella – both of whom are office-bearers. We meet fortnightly to discuss issues related to Safety on Campus, and collect feedback from other autonomous departments on how to best represent and reflect on student experiences in the various University committees that we sit on – like the Respect Advisory Group and the Community of Practice.
The voting members of the UMSU Sexual Assault and Harassment Working Group are elected representatives at UMSU, but this meeting is open to all UMSU students, to come and be a part of our discussions.
If you want to register and have the agenda sent out to you – email us at email@example.com.
- Chair: Srishti Chatterjee
- UMSU Department Student Representatives:
- Mickhaella Ermita (Women’s)
- Phoebe Chen (Activities)
- Kalyana Vania (Clubs and Societies)
- Brigit Doyle (Disabilities)
- Shanysa McConville (Indigenous)
- Mohamed Hadi (People of Colour)
- Amy Jayde (Queer)
- Hue Man Dang (Welfare)
- Leyla Moxham (Southbank)
- Kaitlyn Hammond (Burnley)
- Chaital Vasta (International)
- Council Representatives: Sophie Nguyen, Ethan Georgeou and Scarlett Padden
- UMSU Sexual Harm and Response Coordinator: Dr. Patrick Tidmarsh
Next Working Group Meeting:
- Date: TBA
- Location: Zoom
- Agenda (PDF): To be updated
Past Minutes of the Working Group:
- 1(20) 22nd July 2020 (Confirmed)
- 2(20) 21st August 2020 (Confirmed)
- 3(20) 1st of September 2020 (Confirmed)
- 4(20) 15th September 2020 (Confirmed
- 5(20) 29th September 2020 (Confirmed)
- 6(20) 20th of October (Confirmed)
- 1(21) 19th February 2021
- 2(21) 16th March 2021
- 3(21) 1st April 2021
- 4(21) 28th April 2021
- 5(21) 29th June 2021
- 6(21) 28th July 2021
- 7(21) 13th August 2021
- 8(21) 16th September 2021
- 9(21) 1st October, 2021
Online Community Behaviour guidelines:
Please note that transphobia, racism, ableism, classism, fatphobia and misogyny are not acceptable in these meetings, as well as any other form of discrimination not listed. If you engage in any form of discrimination or disrespectful behaviour, the host has the right to remove you.
Do Not Assume:
- You know anyone else’s experience of gender and sexuality, or other details about their personal background. Do not make assumptions or statements about what is ‘normal’.
- We have the same level of background knowledge. Try to clarify when someone makes a mistake. Avoid insider language like acronyms.
- We have the same values of what is inherently wrong or right.
- That it is the responsibility of other individuals to police your language.
- That all women are welcomed and valued in this space, including trans women.
- That sex workers use this space and are entitled to respect.
- That we all come from different backgrounds and we all have an equal right to the freedom to be self-expressive without fear of being uncomfortable, unwelcome, or unsafe due to one’s gender assigned at birth, cultural background, age, mental/physical ability, sexual orientation, race/ethnicity, gender expression, class.
- That every one in this space is entitled to respect on the basis of the respect they extend to other perspectives and experiences.