I am extremely proud to present the inaugural How to Get Involved lecture series to you on behalf of Melbourne University Australian Red Cross Club (MUARCC)!
Our aims for the event are:
– formally welcome our new bunch of members and open up discussion for what they’d like to achieve with our club to meet their needs
– introduce you to the opportunities within Red Cross such as becoming a volunteer and the process involved
– engage the club members with Melbourne University professors who are already involved with Red Cross. These amazing guest speakers will talk to you about their journey with Red Cross and how their career led to Red Cross as well.
The guest speakers are:
- Associate Professor Alison Duxbury | Associate Dean JD | Melbourne Law School | University of Melbourne| Victoria, who served for International Humanitarian Law Committee of Australian Red Cross for the last 16 years
- Associate Professor Tilman A Ruff MB, BS (Hons), FRACP, AM | Associate professor, Nossal Institute for Global Health, School of Population and Global Health, University of Melbourne | International Medical Advisor, Australian Red Cross| International Steering Group and Australian Committee member,International Campaign to Abolish Nuclear Weapons | Co-President, International Physicians for the Prevention of Nuclear War
- Australian Red Cross staff to talk about how you can get involved with Volunteering.
The event is held at Russell Love theatre in the Richard Berry building.
We look forward to seeing you there! If you have your membership card, please bring it along! 🙂
The MUARCC Team