💜 Making Masks (and friendly chats) 💜
Join the wonderful UMSU Creative Arts and Enviro teams and learn together how you can hand-sew your OWN face mask!
This workshop is a great way to learn a new skill & make yourself a stylish (but safe!) mask!
Open to all students, regardless of your sewing abilities!
👉 WHEN: 16 September, 3:00-5:00pm AEST
👉 WHERE: Online!
👉 Register here to receive the Zoom link!
This workshop will be facilitated by fabulous textile artist, CJ Starc!
Things you will need:
- Needle (thin and small if possible, but as long as it’s not super thick it should work)
- Printed or drawn pattern (see mask pattern here)
- Scissors (fabric scissors if possible)
- Pins or something heavy (such as a glass, container or paperweight)
- Breathable non-stretch fabric such as cotton or linen (at least A3 in size)
- Pen or pencil (depending on the fabric)
- Ribbon or elastic (can recycle the elastic from a disposable mask)
- Ruler or something to measure with
- Safety pin
The instructions for making the mask can also be viewed here.
We acknowledge the Wurundjeri and Boon Wurrung people of the Kulin Nations as the Traditional Owners of the land upon which we live, work, and learn. We pay our respects to Elders past, present, and emerging. Sovereignty was never ceded. This always was and always will be, Aboriginal land.