Training Room 1, Level 3 Union House. 1-2pm.
In this workshop, Marijo Pozega will discuss the experiences and needs of people living with invisible illness and explore how it differs from other forms of disability. Marijo is a community worker and presents a radio show on chronic illness on 3CR Community Radio.
Main topics and themes will include:
– Defining invisible illness
– Differences with other forms of disability
– Forms of discrimination faced by people with invisible illness
– Access issues and needs (particular focus on tertiary education)
– Action: The way forward..
It will be delivered through the lens of lived experience, intersectionality and social justice.