You’ve heard of O Week, right? We figured that one little week isn’t enough to give everyone a proper welcome to campus for 2017. So, we cooked up SummerFest – two weeks of fun in the sun!
SummerFest is a kaleidoscopic celebration of student life, held over two exciting weeks at the end of February. Hosted by the University of Melbourne Student Union (UMSU), the bold array of things to see, do and eat will provide a fun and accessible introduction to life at university.
SummerFest is about making connections, discovering new things and finding your feet at the start of a grand adventure. We’re going to take all the anticipation and excitement that comes with starting a new semester and use it to transform our campus into a sprawling wonderland of diverse activities and experiences.
Open to young and old, new and returning students, join us for SummerFest 2017. Main events are:
- Carnival Day – Tues 21 Feb: Say hello in style with our official welcome carnival featuring giveaways, games, live entertainment and more.
- Clubs Day – Wed 22 Feb: Find your people with over 200 student clubs & societies to choose from!
- Clubs Day – Thu 23 Feb: Day 2 of our massive clubs expo, come and meet your new best friends with a whole new list of clubs to join.
- Volunteering Expo – Fri 24 Feb: Find out how rewarding and easy volunteering with UMSU can be!
- Union House Sleepover – Fri 24 Feb: Party the night away in UMSU HQ with live music, open mic performances and more in every room!
- Giant Waterslide – Monday 27 Feb: We’re bringing the beach vibes to Uni! Cool off while you get wet and wild.
- Beers, Band & BBQ – Tues 28 Feb: The first of our famous gigs for 2017! Catch a live performance from Tkay Maidza while you score a free lunch and a cheeky beverage.
- Market Place – Wed 1 Mar: Get ready to pop some tags (metaphorically) with our ultimate secondhand market for thrifty vintage shoppers!
- Grrrls Rock! – Thu 2 Mar: Rock out with a killer lineup of bands fronted by amazing ladies.
- More events in Week 1: Start Of Uni Party, Zumba, meditation, Yoga, Speed Friending, Green Screen, Free breakfast, Tours, Picnics, Collectives, Craft stations, Live radio broadcast, and more!