Host Campus Tours
Joining a Host Campus Tour is a great way to start your life at uni!
It’s a way to meet new people and get acclimatised to the Unimelb campus, with plenty of chances to socialise with other new students from your faculty.
What are Host Campus Tours?
UMSU’s Host Program runs campus tours which give you an opportunity to meet a bunch of students from your course, go on a tour of the campus and get some tips and tricks on enjoying uni life! We welcome all students and are excited to meet you at a Host Campus Tour on 2018 SummerFest Carnival Day (Tuesday 20 February).
If you’re looking for a specific host on the day, they will be wearing the following coloured lanyards:
- Arts – Royal Blue
- Biomedicine – Red
- Commerce – Pale Blue
- Design – Orange
- Environments & Agriculture – Gold
- Music – Purple
- Science – Green
- VCA – Bright Yellow (Bright yellow)
- Check your emails, text messages and even your Facebook messages: Hosts will be attempting to contact their student groups in a variety of ways, so please be on the lookout for messages from them. When you DO hear from your Host, we ask that you please message them back to confirm you have received their invitation.
- Go with friends: If you receive a direct invitation from your Host, you must attend the tour with them. However, if you fail to hear from a Host assigned to you but you have friends who are attending a tour with a different Host, feel free to tag along with them! Simply make sure it’s okay with your friend’s Host before you join their tour.
- Didn’t get a host? If you weren’t allocated a host, if you get lost or don’t know who your Host is, please head to the V Hive on the Ground Floor of Union House and a friendly person will assign you to a group.
Current hosts can book, view and alter their training sessions using the following link: http://host.engagementprogram.com/Student/LogOn
Send us an email at email@example.com