The Swift Tailors
At Home High Fashion
✂️ Upload your 15-second video submission HERE.
After the end of the submission period, all the video submissions (with the permission of the creator) will be compiled into a full video that will remain on our socials and website!
There will be prizes for the winning submissions!
✨ $150 gift card for the winner
✨ $100 gift card for the runner-up
✨ $50 gift card for the honourable mentions
We have a judging panel who will be evaluating the outfits/costumes on the bases of creativity, sustainability, and innovation/experimentation!
Students from all faculties are encouraged to submit! No experience necessary!
* The biggest rule – no store-bought full costumes are allowed! Re-use! Re-cycle!
- Your costume/outfit should be something that is homemade – you can make something from scratch or you could put together different pieces you already have. Sewing, stitching, knitting, hot glueing may not be necessary but you are more than welcome to if that’s your jam!
- So you could put together a 70s look from what’s in your parents’ closet, but you can’t just wear a full 70’s look from the costume store! Reuse what you’ve got!
- You will need to submit your costume/outfit in a short video (max. 15 seconds) that shows off your entire look.
- Please begin and end the video with your hand covering the camera so that all the submissions blend together cohesively in the final compilation.
- The video must be filmed in portrait mode and ideally in a well-lit area so that your costume/outfit can be fully appreciated!
- Feel free to sashay, spin, smile, smoulder, and show off your best runway walk!
- Please note that any sound in the video will be removed and replaced with music in the final compilation.
- You can send in as many submissions as you want to!
If you have any questions at all, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we’d be happy to help out!
We acknowledge the Wurundjeri and Boon Wurrung people of the Kulin Nation as the Traditional Owners of the land upon which we live, work, and learn. We pay our respects to Elders past, present, and emerging. Sovereignty was never ceded. This always was and always will be, Aboriginal land.