HOST PROGRAM DIRECTORS
A fantastic opportunity exists for University of Melbourne Students to be part of a team of three Host Program Directors taking on the day to day running of the Host Program which will be a major part of the UniMelb 2020 Orientation Week event, Summerfest. Directors will work as part of a team to plan, deliver and evaluate the Host Program.
With a living history that extends over 130 years, at the University of Melbourne Student Union (UMSU) we are committed to providing quality experiences on campus that create a community for students from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences.
As a non-profit organisation run by students, for students, we keep the arts, representation, advocacy, live music and cultural services alive on campus. We provide the platforms for students to immerse themselves in a wealth of cultural facilities and events, whilst having access to quality support services. It’s about making sure that students have advocacy and representation on campus. And it’s all about the battle to keep student voices in the big picture whilst making students’ time at the University fun and enjoyable.
ABOUT THE DIVISION
The Clubs and Volunteering Division provides professional and administrative support to a range of student engagement and student representative activities. Staff in the Division provide support in relation to the operations and governance of student representative bodies, including Students’ Council and departmental Committees, Clubs and Societies and UMSU Volunteer Programs. The Division supports activities and programs that are student initiated and student led.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Host Program Directors are responsible for the day to day running of the Host Program which will be a major part of the 2020 Unimelb O’week. Directors will work as part of a team to plan, deliver and evaluate the Host Program. They play a major role in helping to orientate new undergraduates to the university environment and familiarise them with UMSU and Unimelb services to facilitate a successful transition to university life.
You will be responsible for volunteer coordination, stakeholder engagement and program management
You will need to be a current University of Melbourne student with experience in organising major events or volunteering programs. You will have a sound knowledge of UMSU and The University of Melbourne and the services they provide.
You’re confident as a mentor and able to collaborate as part of a supporting team as well as being able to provide effective induction and training to volunteers.
Essential skills also include:
- Experience developing and remaining within a budget
- Ability to interact positively with people from diverse backgrounds
- Strong administration skills, including working with office productivity software and databases
- Strong communication skills and a friendly manner
- Proactive and organised with excellent time management skills, including demonstrated ability to manage multiple simultaneous commitments
- Commitment to volunteering and to acknowledging and valuing volunteers
In return we offer:
- An eclectic, ethical workplace culture and flexible approach to our work;
- Salary based on $66,796 per annum (pro rata for part time)
- True life/work balance
This is a part time, fixed term position equating to 3 days a week until the end of March 2021.
Click here to view the full position description: Host Program Directors
HOW TO APPLY
Please familiarise yourself with our organisation via our website and social media platforms to assist and inform your application. Applications for this position close 9am Wednesday 25th November and should be addressed to Naomi Fennell at email@example.com
Applications should include:
- a covering letter addressing all the key selection criteria
- curriculum vitae
- contact details of three (3) referees
All applicants require:
- a valid Employee Working with Children Check
- verification of work rights in Australia, for example visa, citizenship, passport or birth certificate
UMSU reserves the right to withdraw an advertised position at any stage.