Human Resources Manager
- HR Management position (9 months leave replacement) in a unique, University environment
- Contribute to key HR projects and activities
- Attractive salary and benefits including 12% super and 5 weeks annual leave
With a living history that extends over 130 years, the University of Melbourne Student Union (UMSU) is committed to providing quality experiences on campus that create a community for students, staff and visitors from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences.
As a non-profit organisation run by students, for students, we keep the arts, representation, advocacy, live music and cultural services alive on campus.
UMSU enablesstudents to get more out of their time at the University. We provide opportunities for students to immerse themselves in a wealth of cultural facilities and events, whilst having access to quality support services. At its heart UMSU is committed to ensuring students have advocacy and representation on campus; ensuring student voices are heard while making students’ time at the University fun and enjoyable.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Working with UMSU management team, staff and elected student representatives, this senior management position is accountable for ensuring adherence to, and providing up-to-date advice on, legal and award requirements in the area of Human Resources and Industrial & Employee Relations. This position is accountable for leading policy development and providing strategic advice in relation to those policies.
Exercising high levels of judgement and operating with a high degree of autonomy, the Manager, Human Resources is responsible for the ongoing development and oversight of the Human Resources function of UMSU, including OHS, and is responsible for delivering outcomes that enable the most effective and efficient management of its staff. Specifically, this position is expected to deliver HR business services, and to execute HR initiatives that support the full employee lifecycle and the needs of the organisation.
Your Key Accountabilities will include:
- Provision of high quality Industrial and Employee Relations advice, including how best to respond to employee and industrial relations issues;
- Development and implementation of Policy and Procedure to support HR operations;
- Continued development, implementation and refinement of administrative procedures to support UMSU’s Human Resources function;
- Fostering an organisational culture that recognises staff achievement, promotes staff attraction and retention, delivers enhanced workforce capabilities, leadership, and culture; and,
- Workforce and succession planning.
The Manager, Human Resources is a key member of UMSU management team and provides expertise across all areas of HR to UMSU Staff, students, and the broader UMSU community.
To succeed in this position, you will possess relevant postgraduate qualifications in Human Resource Management or Industrial Relations coupled with extensive experience in Human Resources, and leadership roles.
Essential to your success will be your proven track record in provide high level advice in relation to Human Resources and Employee Relations matters and fostering an organisational culture that recognises staff achievement, promotes staff attraction and retention, delivers enhanced workforce capabilities, leadership, and culture.
We are looking for a confident, self-motivated individual, who can relate exceptionally well to individuals across all levels of an organisation. Ultimately, the key to your success will the delivery of HR services to staff that in turn enables them to enrich the student experience and enable students to get more out of their time at the University.
In return we offer:
- An eclectic workplace culture and flexible approach to our work;
- True life/work balance –our benefits include a 35-hour working week, 5 weeks leave, leave loading 17.5% and 12% superannuation (pro rata); and
- Access to professional development opportunities tailored to you and your career path
This is a full time (35 hours per week), 9-month fixed term position with a starting base annual salary of $100,849 plus superannuation.
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants are required to provide a written application addressing the Selection Criteria and Essential Skills and Qualifications which are outlined in the position description which can be found here and should submit their application no later than 9am Wednesday May 22 2019 addressed to email@example.com
Applications should also include:
- a covering letter
- curriculum vitae
- contact details of three (3) referees
All applicants require:
- a valid Employee Working with Children Check
- verification of unrestricted work rights in Australia, for example, citizenship, passport or birth certificate
- certified copies of qualifications
If you have any questions regarding the position or require further information please contact Justin Baré, Chief Executive Officer on 8344 9988.
UMSU reserves the right to withdraw an advertised position at any stage.
At UMSU we value diversity, embrace difference and nurture a connected, safe and respectful community. UMSU is a proud member of the Australian Network for Disability. We strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and people of all cultures, abilities, sex and genders.