Audio Visual Technical Officer
AVMelbourne is responsible for providing support and technical expertise of audio visual requirements to students and student group events, UMSU departments, the broader University community and occasionally, other campuses.
The AV Technical Officer will be responsible for the supervision of equipment and casual staff for AVMelbourne events and productions. These responsibilities include; the preparation, loading, transportation, installation, operation, pack down and return of equipment; liaison and coordination of external suppliers; and liaison with AVMelbourne clients and key stakeholders on-site.
Production and Technical Service Provision
- Prepare equipment for AVMelbourne productions in accordance with the department’s established processes;
- Setup, test, operate and pack-down equipment on-site within agreed timelines and in accordance with the standard operating procedures of the department;
- Assume responsibility for the safe return of equipment to designated areas within the AVMelbourne store/s
- Supervise the production site, equipment and materials in order to ensure that the security of the equipment is maintained;
- Report any equipment damages or failures to appropriate AVMelbourne staff in a timely manner; and
- Act in a manner that is consistent with Occupational Health and Safety standards and requirements with regard to equipment set up and use.
- Driving of hire vehicles for transportation of equipment to/from stores/site
Essential Skills and Qualifications:
- Applied skills in audio, music, lighting, av/computer data projection including the ability to:
- mix both FOH and Monitors on analogue and digital consoles
- tune FOH and fold back speaker systems
- Knowledge of Windows and Apple OSX platforms as well as MS Office Suite;
- Knowledge of video systems and formats;
- Knowledge of DMX protocols and lighting equipment;
- Knowledge of wireless (RF) audio systems and constraints;
- High level problem solving skills, including demonstrated ability to fault find and resolve technical faults/issues on-site;
- Ability to work autonomously;
- Proven ability to operate heavy equipment and safe manual handling in accordance with Occupational Health and Safety standards;
- Excellent customer service and communication skills, including the ability to interact well with co-workers and clients, often under deadline pressure;
- Current unrestricted Victorian Drivers Licence*;
- A valid Victorian Working With Children Check;
- Experience in supervision of technical crew
*Please note – all successful applicants will need to ensure that they meet the requirements for “Additional Driver Membership” in accordance with the Student Union’s Hire Car service. Further information is available via the following link: GoGet Member Agreement
Desirable Skills and Qualifications:
- Previously experience or exposure to working in a tertiary education environment
- Test and Tag Certificate;
- Formal Training in Manual Handling
Hit Apply Now below to fill out an expression of interest, or hit back to browse other roles.