BBQs Maestro (Food and Beverage Attendant)
The BBQs Maestro (Food and Beverage Attendant) facilitates the delivery of food and non-alcoholic drinks service across a range of events for UMSU. Tis may include supporting the successful running of events, and provides training, advice and support to other casual employees and/or event volunteers.
- Oversee the set-up, pack-down, cleaning and food and drinks service of UMSU barbeques;
- Operate and maintain cooking equipment including preparation, cooking and serving food;
- Supervise food and beverage volunteers in the safe operation of barbeque equipment and food service;
- Monitor stock movements and stock records.
- Manage temporary cash tills;
- Oversee stock movements and stock records and reconcile with takings;
- Monitor cash handling of other casual employees and/or volunteers.
- Provide training, advice and support to other casual employees and/or volunteers on the operation and maintenance of cooking equipment, and cash handling protocols.
Essential Skills and Qualifications
- Previous experience in food service and/or event assistance;
- Demonstrated skills and commitment to high-level customer service;
- Interpersonal, analytical and communication skills, with the ability to show initiative and flexibility;
- Ability to work independently and as an effective team member;
- Demonstrated knowledge of interpreting and applying guidelines, practices and procedures;
- Familiarity in the operation and maintenance of kegging equipment; and
- Demonstrated ability to relate well to students and young people.
- A valid Victorian Working With Children Check;
Click the Apply Now button to register your interest, or hit back to browse other roles.