Communications and Events Assistant
The Communications and Event Assistant will provide support and assistance in organisational wide events such as SummerFest and WinterFest, involving on-ground presence during these events.
The role also requires the distribution of UMSU’s printed promotional material to various locations around the University of Melbourne campus and to assist in the promotion of UMSU and our departments at major events.
- Assisting with promotional duties such as set up and pack down of marquees, tables, chairs, general tasks at major events
- Working at UMSU bbqs (cooking), using popcorn machine and other food handling activities in accordance with safe food handling practices at events
- Promoting the Student Union and its departments directly to students
- Support the Events team with tasks in the lead up to SummerFest and other large scale events
- Organising signage requirements
- Be on ground during events
- Distributing all printed publications of the Student Union into stands across campus;
- Monitoring stand locations for advice and recommendations to the Communications Department;
- Removal of unauthorised material in UMSU brochure stands;
- Reporting back on state of stands and other requirements;
- Maintaining the Print Room as a functional workspace;
- Performing stocktake of material in stands and Print Room at the conclusion of each semester;
- Monitoring quantities of stock in stands and providing feedback to supervisor.
- Distributing posters around campus to frames, notice boards and bollards;
- Maintaining an accurate record of all noticeboards on campus.
- Greet visitors and assist community, students with their enquiries
- Direct students and stakeholders to relevant staff who can assist with their queries (e.g. referral to first aid/security)
- Other customer service duties as required
Essential Skills and Qualifications:
- Excellent customer service skills
- High level of communication and interpersonal skills including the ability to address and relate well to a broad range of students and stakeholders
- Excellent organisational skills demonstrating the ability to prioritise and problem solve
- High attention to detail and the ability to manage time effectively and meet deadlines
- An understanding of University student’s needs
- Physically able to perform duties and handle heavy loads in accordance with health and safety and manual handling requirements
- A valid Victorian Working With Children Check;
Hit the Apply Now button below to register your interest, or hit back to view other roles.