Food and Beverage Attendant
The Food and Beverage Attendant is responsible for providing a consistent and high quality standard of food and beverage set up/service to all clients and stakeholders, ensuring smooth delivery of events across UMSU
- Undertake general waiting and service duties of beverages;
- Ensure excellent and professional customer service at all times; and
- Handling of cash payments for sales of snack bar items and alcoholic beverages.
- Pick up glasses and remove food plates in function areas;
- Set and/or wipe down tables and cleaning and tidying of associated areas;
- Provide general assistance to more senior food and beverage attendants and other staff members;
- Communicate and liaise with team members, and other event staff; and
- Monitor stock levels whilst on shift and make recommendations if additional stock is required
Responsible service of alcohol
- Prepare and serve a range of drinks,responsibly serve drinks to patrons of licenced UMSU events;
- Follow hygienic beverage handling procedures; and
- Adhere to Responsible Service of Alcohol legislation.
Key Selection Criteria
- Responsible Service of Alcohol certificate;
- Demonstrated skills in, and commitment to providing high-level customer service;
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to warmly greet key stakeholders, making them feel welcome;
- Ability to work as an effective team member, with capacity to show initiative and flexibility as required;
- Ability to communicate sensitively with people from diverse cultural backgrounds;
- Ability to meet the changing needs, trends and interests of all levels of guests/stakeholders; and
- Demonstrated ability to relate well to students and young people.
Hit the Apply Now button below to register your interest, or hit back to browse other roles.