Information Centre Assistant
The Information Centre Assistant is expected to provide efficient and effective student/customer service and administration assistance to students, staff and other stakeholders across a number of Information Centre locations within the University.
- Greet visitors and assist community, students and staff members with their enquiries; face-to-face, over the telephone and by e-mail;
- Provide information and advice to stakeholders about support services available to them from the University of Melbourne Student Union (UMSU), the University of Melbourne, and Melbourne University Student Union Limited (MUSUL);
- Direct stakeholders to relevant staff who can assist with their queries (e.g. referral to first aid or security)
- Other customer service duties as required
- Ensure the Information Centre is opened and closed in accordance with standard operating procedures and guidelines
- Balance and reconcile floats and register takings throughout each shift
- Sort, distribute, collect, frank and send mail both externally and internally within the Union House building
- Facilitate the hire of equipment and resources such as lockers, room bookings, BBQ equipment, and ensure appropriate hire records are maintained;
- Ensure that all lost property is stored appropriately, and reasonable attempts to contact owners to ensure prompt return of items
- Monitor stock levels of consumables, retail items, stationary and other equipment across the Information Centres, and alert the information Centre Coordinator if items need replenishing
Key Selection Criteria and Qualifications:
- Excellent customer service skills;
- Highly developed communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to address and relate well to a broad range of students and stakeholders, on a variety of levels;
- Sound computer literacy including keyboard skills, email, internet usage and word processing
- Ability to demonstrate flexibility, work under pressure and meet strict deadlines
- Capacity to work independently with minimal direction and also collaboratively in a team environment
- Demonstrated capacity to follow instructions diligently and understand established guidelines, processes and procedures
- Knowledge and appreciation of the University environment and the context in which it operates
- Experience working at an enquiry desk or front-of-house customer service position
- Previous experience handling cash, maintain a float and balancing a register
- An appreciation and understanding of student-led organisations.
Click Apply Now below to fill out an expression of interest, or hit back to browse other roles.