The position of Library Assistant is required to provide prompt and friendly assistance to the customers of the Rowden White Library.
- Provide service and information to Library users, including processing library materials, lending library materials, operating AV equipment, using the photocopier and handling cash transactions;
- Provide directional and reference advice and information;
- Operate and assist with the operation of AV equipment in the Library and Union House;
- Provide assistance and instruction to Library users in their use of the Internet, email, printing, computer games and virtual reality on the Library’s in-house computers;
- Attend to payments and refunds for books lost or damaged by Library users;
Service Desk Duties
- Ensure that security within the Library is maintained;
- Attend to book returns, including following up patron holds.
- Assist in keeping the Library tidy.
- Identify and allocate materials for binding and mending;
- Participate in covering and processing of Library materials;
- Preparation of routine correspondence;
- Assist with the shelving and storage of Library materials;
Desirable Skills and Qualifications:
- Demonstrated skills and commitment to high-level customer service;
- Excellent interpersonal, analytical and communication skills, with the ability to show initiative and flexibility;
- Ability to work independently and as an effective team member;
- Demonstrated knowledge of interpreting and applying guidelines, practices and procedures;
- General knowledge of and interest in contemporary culture of interest to students, particularly in the areas of popular culture;
- Ability to communicate sensitively with people from diverse cultural backgrounds;
- Ability to meet the changing needs, trends and interests of all levels of patrons;
- Demonstrated ability to relate well to students and young people;
- Excellent computer skills incl. word processing;
- Ability to assist students in their use of the Internet and other electronic resources; and
- Previous Library experience would be desirable.
Click Apply Now below to fill out an expression of interest, or hit back to browse other roles.