Theatre Worker – Front of House
The Theatre Worker – Front of House (FOH) provides general support and is responsible for overseeing the events authorised by the Theatre Department in respect to Front of House, Ushers and Volunteers principally in the performing arts venues – Union and Guild Theatres
The Theatre Worker (FOH) will work closely with the Venue & Production Manager and Theatre Coordinator as required to ensure all necessary processes and procedures are undertaken. The position is also responsible for the induction and supervision of volunteer participants who carry out FOH management and Usher duties.
- Provide support to the Theatre Coordinator by record keeping of audience related attendance, and other documentation for all performing arts venue hire;
- Collect and provide to the Theatre Coordinator associated theatre programs or posters;
- Assist patrons requiring access to the Performing Arts venues;
- Induct volunteer ushers into the venue;
- Inspect areas for cleanliness and fit for purpose, and report any additional cleaning requirements;
- Report any equipment damage or failure to the Venue & Production Manager as soon as practicable for remediation; and
- Industry experience working within a Performing Arts venue;
- Knowledge of safe work practices associated with Performing Arts venues including emergency management procedures and manual handling;
- Excellent communication and customer service skills;
- Well-developed administrative and organisational skills;
- First Aid certificate; and
- Working With Children Check.
Click Apply Now below to fill out an expression of interest, or hit back to browse other roles.