The position of the Theatre Technician is required to oversee and assist theatre hirers in the set-up of their productions and during performances, and to ensure building and safety regulations are enforced.
Theatre Technician are expected to be in the performing arts venue, observing practice (and giving advice to student hirers) at all times during venue occupancy, unless otherwise directed by the Venue & Production Manager or Head Technician.
- Supervise the activities of the Performing Arts venues during bump in, bump out, rehearsals, and performances;
- Maintain health and safety responsibilities in the performing arts venues during theatre activity;
- Complete relevant shift reports for all work carried out in venues;
- Assist, as required, in the operation and set-up of lighting, sound and stage equipment;
- Induct and demonstrate to hirers the standard operating procedures (SOP) relevant to the venue/s, and equipment;
- Assist in maintaining the performing arts venue’s lighting and sound equipment, and proactively ensure the venues are fit for purpose; and
- Be responsible for the security of the venues and equipment during afterhours activity.
Key Selection Criteria and Qualifications:
- Technical Theatre qualifications (lighting & audio) or extensive industry-based experience;
- Proven ability to interpret and support installation of sound and lighting equipment and set-designs;
- Experience in use/maintenance of technical equipment and ability to identify equipment faults;
- Stage Management experience;
- Knowledge/Competency in safe work practices for performing arts venues; and
- Working With Children Check.
- Elevate Work Platform – VL competency;
- Electrical Test and Tag competency;
- First Aid certificate; and
- Production Management Experience.
Click Apply Now below to fill out an expression of interest, or hit back to browse other roles.