Theatre Worker – Technical
The position of the Theatre Worker – Technical is required to oversee and provide proactive advice and assistance with technical and production issues for hirers relating to the set-up of their productions, during performances, and to ensure building and safety regulations are enforced.
Theatre Workers – Technical are expected to be in the performing arts venue, observing practice (and giving advice to student hirers) at all times during venue occupancy, unless otherwise directed by the Venue & Production Manager or Head Technician.
- Supervise the activities of the Performing Arts venues during bump in, bump out, rehearsals, and performances;
- Maintain health and safety responsibilities in the performing arts venues during theatre activity;
- Complete relevant shift reports for all work carried out in venues;
- Assist, as required, in the operation and set-up of lighting, sound and stage equipment;
- Induct and demonstrate to hirers the standard operating procedures (SOP) relevant to the venue/s, and equipment;
- Assist in maintaining the performing arts venue’s lighting and sound equipment, and proactively ensure the venues are fit for purpose; and
- Be responsible for the security of the venues and equipment during afterhours activity.
Key Selection Criteria and Qualifications
- Technical Theatre qualifications (lighting & audio) or extensive industry-based experience;
- Proven ability to interpret and support installation of sound and lighting equipment and set-designs;
- Experience in use/maintenance of technical equipment and ability to identify equipment faults;
- Stage Management experience;
- Knowledge/Competency in safe work practices for performing arts venues; and
- Working With Children Check.
- Elevate Work Platform – VL competency;
- Electrical Test and Tag competency;
- First Aid certificate; and
- Production Management Experience.
To become part of this driven and passionate team environment, send your resume to email@example.com
Applications close 27th June.