The Clubs & Societies department is the the biggest and definitely the mostly penguin-loving Department of UMSU. The C&S Officers and Clubs Committee look after more than 200 clubs that are affiliated to UMSU; this involves all the fun stuff: affiliating new clubs, approving grant applications, and providing clubs with the right training to help them manage their club in financial, administrative and food and alcohol-related ways. If you have any issues or queries regarding club shenanigans (how to start a club, organise an event, fill out different forms, or anything else at all), we’re the people to talk to, so feel free to drop in and have a chat!
(03) 8344 4834
Monday to Friday availability posted on the office doors
Level 1, Union House, University of Melbourne, 3010 VIC
Meet the Office:
Gunter the Penguin
Our department’s mascot, you should drop by for a #selfiewithGunter.
In a ‘complicated’ relationship with Tobias Trunke
The C&S Coordinator aka clubs administrator Sanders.
The beating heart of the C&S department.
Died trying to join every club, only to be resurrected as an office bearer to do you administrative bidding.
The one who is usually wearing the penguin onesie or making colourful calendars.
Meet the 2019 C&S Committee:
The following are provisionally declared elected (in order of election)
- Harry Black (Finance Management Association of Australia)
- Nancy Ciara Griffiths (Fantasy & Science Fiction Appreciation Society)
- Ezra Bangun (Youtube Association Society)
- Michael Hester (Arts Students’ Society)
- Simran Monga (Australian South Asian Health Care Society)
- Catriona Smith (Survivor Club)
- Emma Johnson (Science Students’ Society)