Frequently Asked Questions
I’m new to clubs… Heeeellllllppppp!
- I missed the Clubs Carnivals at O’week – how do I know what clubs there are?
– Check the listings on our website and contact the clubs you are interested in.
– Find a Clubs Guide – they’re in the brochure stands all over campus.
- I want to join a club, how do I do it?
– Email the club or find them on Facebook (details online or in the Guide).
– Go to their first event and say hi! You can join at most club events, and you get to go along and see what they’re like first.
- I signed up online to a club, but haven’t paid the membership fee yet/they haven’t emailed me yet/I don’t know when the first event is.
So, a lot of clubs had a really hectic O Week, and quite a few had camps over the weekend. Make sure you like their Facebook page, and hold tight – they’ll get back to you after they do their data entry! If you’ve not heard from them in a week or 2, chuck them an email.
- What is that strange place on Level 1 of Union House that is called Clubs and Societies? Can I join all the clubs there?
No, you cannot join a club there.
Clubs & Societies (C&S) is where all the admin for clubs happens – so all the grant paying, AGM and financial administration and training – all funded by UMSU. Unless you’re a club executive, it’s probably not all that useful to you.
- Where is my club’s office?
Most clubs on campus don’t have their own office. There are a few notable exceptions (mainly faculty clubs) but the best way to contact the clubs is through their facebook or email.
If you have another question email us: clubs[@]union.unimelb.edu.au