Students’ Council currently has one Sub-Committee – the Operations Sub-Committee.
The Operations Sub-Committee has authority to make decisions in relation to:
a) Office Bearer Leave of Absence;
b) Student Representative participation in UMSU Staff Selection Procedures;
c) Expenditure of the Students’ Council budget to a limit of $1000 per budget line, per meeting;
d) Staff Training and Development expenditure;
e) Guidance for staff in performance of operational roles;
f) Recommendations to Students’ Council in relation to Policy and Regulations; and
g) Any other matter as directed by Students’ Council.
- Students’ Council may specify a separate financial delegation for the Media Department for the amount required to print an edition of Farrago
The Representatives of the Operations Sub-Committee are:
(a) Five (5) voting members, elected by and from the voting Representatives of the Students’ Council, two of whom must be Women. If at least 2 Women do not stand for election, any shortfall in the number of women elected may be filled by other representatives; and
(b) The President and General Secretary, as non-voting members.
The current voting members of the Operations Sub-Committee are:
- Rajan Dominic Roque Ilagan
- Blake Atmaja
- Noni Bridger
- Hannah Buchan
- Katherine Doherty
- Meeting 1(18) – January 18th, 2pm, OB Space
- Meeting 2(18) – February 7th, 12pm, OB Space – Petitioned Meeting
- Meeting 3(18) – February 12th, 12:30pm, OB Space – Petitioned Meeting
- Meeting 4(18) – February 13th, 12:30pm, OB Space – Petitioned Meeting
Prior to July 2013, Council had 2 Sub-Committees. These were the Finance Sub-Committee and the Staffing Sub-Committee. Minutes for these former committees may be found here