2021 VCESS Director Applications
Applications for the position of Director for the 2021 Program are now open.
Please find the complete position description at this link which contains key information about the role and application process, including the Key Selection Criteria.
2020 Directors’ Report
VCESS recommends that applicants familiarise themselves with the 2020 Directors’ Report to aid in their understanding of different facets of the program. Applicants may refer to information or findings from the report in their Vision Statement and interview responses.
How to apply
The application consists of a:
- Cover Letter (of no more than 2 pages) addressing the key selection criteria
- Vision Statement
Your vision statement must address 2 areas of the program that you believe require amendment or improvement, and how you would address these. It must also include 1 area of the program that you would keep the same in 2021 and why. Your vision statement must be no longer than 500 words.
Applications must be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org as one, uniform document. You will receive confirmation of the receipt of your application once it has been received.
The deadline for application is the 5th of July at 11:59pm. All applications (Resume, Cover Letter and Vision Statement) will be assessed against the Key Selection Criteria. Applicants who progress past this stage will be required to attend an interview at a time in the week following close of applications. Questions about the position and/or application process should be directed to email@example.com
Frequently asked questions
The Directors of the VCE Summer School 2020 program answer some frequently asked questions about the experience of being and role of Director in the below video.
If you have further questions, please reach out at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Directors must hold a valid Working With Children Check.
- Directors are expected to act as subject tutors on the program.
- Directors will be allocated office space in Union House.
- Directors are required to remain in their position and to be actively engaged for at least 12 months to allow overlap of Director tenure.
- Due to factors surrounding the current COVID-19 pandemic, applicants should note:
- That the structure/nature of the program may change,
- That the program may or may not go ahead depending on guidelines from the government and the university.