2022 VCESS Director Application
Applications to be a VCESS Director are opening soon! Applications will close on Wednesday 5 May at 11.59pm.
You can access the VCESS Director position description here.
VCESS is very excited to return to an in-person program in line with government and University policies; for an overview of a typical in-person program, you can view the 2019–20 Directors’ Report, available here.
How to apply
Your application must consist of:
- A resume;
- A cover letter (of no more than two pages) addressing the key selection criteria; and
- A vision statement.
Your vision statement must address two areas of the program that you believe require changes or improvement, and how you would address these. It must also include one area of the program that you would keep the same in 2022, and why. Your vision statement must be no longer than 500 words.
Applications must be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org as one uniform document. You will receive confirmation of the receipt of your application once it has been received.
Key selection criteria and deadline
The application deadline is Wednesday 5 May at 11:59pm. All applications (resume, cover letter and vision statement) will be assessed against the key selection criteria. Applicants who progress past this stage will be required to attend an interview at a time in the week following close of applications.
Even if you do not meet all the key selection criteria, we still encourage you to apply; we do not expect that candidates will meet all key selection criteria equally. The key selection criteria are as follows:
A strong commitment to and understanding of the aims and objects of VCESS, including:
- A comprehensive understanding of disadvantage in education; and
- A dedication towards implementing VCESS’ goals
Both written and verbal interpersonal and communication skills, including an ability to:
- Communicate with diverse stakeholders, tutors, students and parents as required;
- Resolve conflicts which may arise both internally and externally to VCESS; and
Developed organisational and management skills, including:
- An aptitude for time-management, and an ability to delegate and prioritise tasks
- An ability to effectively manage, with excellent attention to detail and perspective, both program logistics and event planning
An ability to collaboratively realise and implement projects, including:
- Being able to use initiative to problem solve novel situations and obstacles;
- Comfort in efficiently working in team and individual settings as appropriate
Questions about the position and/or application process should be directed to email@example.com.
Frequently asked questions
If you have any further questions, please reach out at firstname.lastname@example.org.