VCE Summer School (VCESS) is a two-week tutoring program that takes place every January at the University of Melbourne. The program aims to help high school students from a diverse range of backgrounds to gain a head start on their final years of education. The program offers both residential and day attendance and covers a large range of Year 11 and 12 subjects. To find out more about the program, click here
VCESS is a not-for-profit organisation which provides quality academic support and activities with a focus on creating a healthy study-life balance.
The VCE Summer School has a broad reach including:
- targeted communication directly with schools
- features in local and state-wide newspapers and media
- brochures distributed through University of Melbourne Open Day
- postcard promotion through restaurants, arts venues, universities
- tutor recruitment from University of Melbourne student population
- website and social media connecting with 80,000 + students
The VCE Summer School and UMSU can offer a range of sponsor benefits such as:
- social media promotions
- campus activations
Branding on UMSU and VCE Summer School program marketing including:
- postcard stands
- campus digital screens
- campus posters
The VCE Summer School believes that a student’s financial situation should not preclude them from participation in the program. Bursaries are available to students:
- from lower socioeconomic circumstances or contexts;
- who are rural or regional;
- from non-English-speaking backgrounds;
- from underrepresented areas or schools;
- who have been impacted by personal circumstances during their education;
Could you support a student to get a head start on their Year 11 or 12 education?
In Kind Support
UMSU and VCESS are also seeking products, services and in-kind support for the best possible outcome for the VCE Summer School.
Can you provide any of the following?
- Food supplies or discounts (breakfast, lunch or snack items, ice cream vouchers, etc)
- Stationery items
- Trivia Night Prizes
- Residential program evening activities (suitable for 16-17 year olds)
- Rewards for our hardworking volunteer tutors (movie tickets, coffee or meal vouchers, activities)