13 reasons why you need to go to SummerFest 2017
Still need some convincing to come and hang out for two weeks of summer fun?
1. Hit up the Inflatable Wonderland for unlimited waterslide rides:
South Lawn will be getting curiouser and curiouser with a giant waterslide, zorb soccer, surf machine, croquet court and other giant games! Find out more here.
2. Meet your fabulous student departments and learn about the events they run all year round:
Every UMSU department will have a stall at Carnival Day, so drop by to say hi and grab some sweet freebies. It’ll be a whale of a time – find out why.
3. Enjoy the mountains of free food:
Let’s be honest, most UMSU events have free food of some sort. Carnival Day has an especially tasty menu with picnics, popcorn, fairy floss, snow cones, BBQs and more!
4. Join some clubs and make some lifelong pals:
There are two big Clubs expo days, each with over 200 clubs and societies on display. Join the clubs, achieve the squad goals here.
5. Go on a host tour and get handy campus tips from a fellow student (like where to get your Monday morning coffee):
See the campus sights, bond with other newbies and learn the tricks of the trade on your tour.
6. Get down with all the live entertainment:
We’ve got live rock bands and hip hop groups, acapella choirs, dance ensembles, musical theatre, karaoke and chill singer-songwriters. Lend us your ears.
7. Prove your game skillz:
Keep an eye out for games scattered throughout SummerFest. Carnival Day, Clubs Days, Union House Sleepover and Inflatable Wonderland are all good bets.
8. Pull an epic all-nighter at the Union House Sleepover:
Live bands, comedy, movie marathons, games, a silent disco, cheap drinks and complimentary BBQ dinner and breakfast of champions. Find out more.
9. Go crazy with freebies at Carnival Day:
So many giveaways! Get movie vouchers from the purple UMSU marquee, plus tote bags and other goodies from the Carnival Day stalls.
10. We even have places to chill when you need a nap:
Check out chill zones during Carnival day, the Rowden White pop-up library, craft tables and even Naps@JoeNap!
11. Think we forgot parties? Beach please! Join the St Kilda beach adventure for some fun in the sun:
Surf’s up! Music, games, food and tans – a proper beach party. Register your spot at the UMSU International stall at Carnival Day.
12. Get thrifty at the Barket (bargain market):
Pop some tags, score some steals. Bring $$ for cheap purchases or unwanted items of your own for the clothes swap. Click for deals.
13. Don’t be that one person who missed out!
Follow us on social media, get the newsletter, chat with our UMSU Bot and never miss a beat. Stay up to date here.