❄️ WinterFest FAQs ❄️
UMSU’s WinterFest 2021 is all about meeting like-minded people and making friends before semester starts – so it’s important that its accessible, wherever you are in the world! We’ve put together a hefty selection of FAQs covering in person and online events, so you can get the most out of WinterFest ’21.
FAQS about on-campus events:
FAQs about online events and Hopin:
- Use Chrome or Firefox browsers (Internet Explorer and Safari don't seem to work as well)
- Use your desktop or laptop rather than phone as it's easier to navigate
- Close other apps and browser tabs if you're experiencing lag
- Refresh your page.
At the heart of it, UMSU is all about community. We’re here to work towards a better University experience for all students and provide a democratic, transparent forum where student affairs and interests are championed. We want our online channels to reflect this and provide a place where all members of the University of Melbourne community can come together to share ideas and experiences.
By extension, UMSU’s online properties belong to the student body, so we’ve laid down some house rules to ensure everyone has a fair chance to share their voice:
- We will remove any content that is threatening, abusive or deliberately offensive. Our community is not the place to harass someone you disagree with.
- We encourage spirited debate but please ensure that all posts are civil and respectful. If you can’t make your point without being offensive or strawmanning someone, then you aren’t really contributing to the discussion. If you wouldn’t say something to someone’s face, then don’t say it from behind a keyboard.
- We value your privacy. Any public posts that disclose an individual’s contact information, even your own, will be removed.
- The laws of the real world apply here, too. We expect you to not post any material that may be defamatory, contravene intellectual property laws or otherwise impinge on the legal rights of other users and entities. This includes statements or images with racist, sexist or otherwise discriminatory messages.
- Remember that there are consequences to what you publish. There may be times where you feel something has been misrepresented. If you need to correct the content of another user please do so with respect and keep to the facts.
- Be mindful of the fact that any content that you publish will be in the public domain and in some cases will remain public for a long time. You are personally responsible for any content that you publish. Be aware that your content may provoke a response and be open to the opinions of others.
- UMSU is not your advertising tool. Individuals or businesses may not advertise products or services without prior approval.
In serious or repeated cases of wilful breach of the terms, we may report the conduct to the University as a breach of the Student Conduct Policy http://policy.unimelb.edu.au/MPF1324
UMSU reserves the right to refer any posts which indicate an individual is at risk of harm to the appropriate authorities and/or services. In rare cases, we may choose to hide certain posts or messages from public view if their content could have an impact on a criminal investigation.
- Direct Message any of the UMSU Events Team staff
- Visit the Info Desk (in Expo) and talk face to face to staff there or use the chat function in the booth
- Mute or Report a user (by clicking the 3 dots ... in top right of the user profile via the direct message function)
☃️ Hopin Video Guide ☃️