



**University of Melbourne Student Union
Meeting of the Southbank Committee
Minutes**

**Friday 16 June 2023, 3pm
Meeting 9(23)**

Location: Southbank Office Level 2 Southbank Library/Zoom

Zoom link:

<https://unimelb.zoom.us/j/82172324508?pwd=aEhNV2hyM3k5K0ZHcHZtcjdxGhaUT09>

Password: 475961

Meeting opened at [3:11pm]

1. Procedural Matters

1.1. Election of Facilitator (motion)

Annalyce Moved to Appoint self as Chair

Leyland seconds

Passed without dissent.

1.2. Appointment of Minute-taker (motion)

Annalyce moved from chair to appoint jack as minute taker

Passed without dissent

1.3. Acknowledgement of Indigenous Owners

Annalyce have a land acknowledgement

1.4. Attendance

Annalyce Wiebenga	Southbank Coordinator	Present
Jack Doughty	Southbank Coordinator	Present
Helen Shen	Southbank Activities	Present
Zodie Bolic	Southbank Education	Present
Lachlan Spencer	Committee	Absent
Leyland Jones	Committee	Present
Amy Rogers	Committee	Present
Todd Bennett	Committee	Present

Savier D'Arsie-Marquez	Creative Arts Office Bearer (non-voting member of committee)	Absent n/a
------------------------	--	------------

1.5. Apologies

n/a

1.6. Proxies

n/a

1.7. Membership

n/a

1.8. Adoption of Agenda (motion)

Annalyce moved to adopt the agenda

Passed without dissent

2. Confirmation of Previous Minutes (motion)

Annalyce moves from the chair to confirm previous minutes

Passed without dissent.

3. Conflicts of Interest Declaration

Amy indicated that she would be interested in applying for the musician form, and wanted to make sure this was minuted in the interests of full transparency.

4. Matters Arising from the Minutes

n/a

5. Correspondence

n/a

6. Office Bearer Reports (Appendix 2) (motion)

Annalyce moved to accept the reports

Leyland Seconded

Passed without dissent

Annalyce Moved a Procedural Motion to Move to Motions on Notice and Motions without Notice (in the interest of time, as some committee members needed to leave early)

Passed Without Dissent.

7. Other Reports

7.1. Corporate Credit Card trial (Annalyce)

Annalyce to update on testing a virtual corporate credit card.

8. Discussions

8.1. Winterfest

Short discussion took place, we're excited!

9. Motions On Notice

9.1. Budget reallocation: Printing budget to Orientation Budget

Preamble:

On advice from our student representation staff member, we need to move funds from the orientation budget line into the printing budget line to ensure our budget accounting is accurate, and to simplify the approval process instead of moving a single expense from multiple budget lines at once.

The reprint for the Southbank Guide to Student Life is quoted at \$533.50, which is more than is present in our printing budget line of \$250. To that end, we would like to move some money out of the orientation budget and into printing to ensure the cost is covered.

Action:

That the committee approves the movement of \$283.50 from the Events > Orientation Budget line (natural acct no: 03-60-690-3840) to the Printing - External > General Budget line (natural acct no: 03-60-690-3713) due to anticipated additional funds needed for the Southbank booklet reprint.

Mover: Jack

Secunder: Amy

Discussion/result:

Passed Without Dissent.

9.2. Reprinting the Guide to Student Life

Preamble:

At Summerfest, we gave away most copies of the Guide to Student Life, with less than 20 copies remaining. We intend to print a small run of 100 copies for Winterfest. Kosdown, UMSU's printing supplier, has quoted us \$533.50.

In the interest of getting this done in time, and to remain consistent with the older copies, we have chosen not to edit the guide.

Action:

That the committee approves the expenditure of \$533.50 from the Printing - External > General budget line to reprint the Guide to Student Life. (Natural acct no: 03-60-690-3713)

Mover: Leyland

Seconder: Jack

Discussion/result:

Passed without dissent.

9.3. Purchasing a Southbank department banner

Preamble:

It is common practice for UMSU departments to retain a vertical banner to display at events so people know something is going on, and who is responsible. For some mysterious reason, UMSU Southbank doesn't have one. It's time we fixed that!

Kosdown has quoted us \$198 for a vertical "pull up" style banner, similar to the banner you may have seen from the Music Students Society. These banners may struggle with wind, but we will likely have access to sandbags from the campus stock shop for Winterfest. The benefit to using this specific style of banner is the quick production turnaround.

Later in the year, we may pursue additional branding options should we have the budget.

Action:

That the committee approves the expenditure of \$198 from the Events > General budget line to purchase a department banner and carry case. (Natural acct no: 03-60-690-3840)

Mover: Amy

Seconder: Leyland
Discussion/result: Passed without dissent.

9.4. Coffee vouchers for Winterfest!

Preamble: It's cold out! We have reached out to Lionel's and Betwixt to gauge interest in participating in a coffee voucher scheme for Winterfest. The voucher will entitle the holder to 1 small hot drink at participating coffee shops, which in most cases should cost \$5 or less per drink. We intend to offer 250 vouchers. These will be primarily given away at Winterfest. Any remainders can be brought to our semester events for distribution. Action: That the committee approves the expenditure of \$1250 from the Events > Food and Beverages budget line to pay for coffee vouchers. (Natural acct no: 03-60-690-3840) Mover: Jack Seconder: Zodie
Discussion/result: Passes without dissent.

9.5. Budget reallocation: movement of budget from Food and Beverages into Printing

Preamble: Our food and beverages budget is larger than anticipated, owing to the SSAF grant from the University fully funding our breakfast program for the year. To that end, we find our printing budget requires additional funding for the printing of coffee vouchers. Action: That the committee approves the movement of \$104.50 from the Events > Food and Beverages budget line (03-60-690-3840) to the Printing - External > General Budget line (03-60-690-3713).
--

Mover: Leyland Seconder: Amy
Discussion/result: Passed without dissent.

9.6. Coffee voucher printing

Preamble: Printing costs money! Kosdown have quoted us \$104.50 to print 250 double-sided vouchers, which is their minimum unit. As above, these vouchers will be distributed at Winterfest, and any remainders will be given out at events during semester. Action: That the committee approves the expenditure of \$104.50 from the Printing - External > General budget line to pay for coffee voucher printing. (Natural acct no: 03-60-690-3713) Mover: Todd Seconder: Jack
Discussion/result: Discussion about Lionels having their own vouchers brought up by Zodie and Amy Annalyce responded by clarifying that Betwixt and potentially the ASRC Cafe don't have their own vouchers, and thus we will/may have to print them. Passed without Dissent

9.7. Budget reallocation: Food and Beverages into Orientation

Preamble:

In order to avoid budget tetris, and to take advantage of our larger-than-expected food and beverages budget, we would like to move some money from Food and Beverages into Orientation. This will ensure that the anticipated hot drinks tab at Little Black is sourced from a singular budget line, for ease of accounting.

This will also ensure we can cleanly exhaust the orientation budget.

Action:

That the committee approves the movement of \$306.50 from Events > Food and Beverages (03-60-690-3840) into Events > Orientation (03-60-690-3840).

Mover: Zodie

Secunder: Todd

Discussion/result:

Passed without dissent.

9.8. Little Black Coffee Shop drink tab for Winterfest

Preamble:

Little Black do not typically handle coffee vouchers, but their legendary barista Mimi has suggested they might be interested in running a hot drink tab on the day. A small hot drink from Little Black typically costs about \$5 or less. A budget of \$500 should allow for up to 100 free drinks provided on the day to students.

Action:

That the committee approves the expenditure of \$500 from the Events > Orientation budget line to offer a free coffee/hot drink tab during Winterfest. (Natural acct no: 03-60-690-3840)

Mover: Jack

Secunder: Leyland

Discussion/result:

Discussion from Jack and Annalyce about a sign and some flyers around Little Black so people know that it is UMSU Southbank that is supplying the free coffee, so we can use the opportunity to promote UMSU as well as give students free hot drinks.

Passed without dissent.

9.9. Musician hire for Winterfest

Preamble:

We once again have access to Lionel's for Winterfest and have asked the UMSU Events department to include us on their musician recruitment form. The Musicians Australia minimum is \$250; for simplicity, we intend to pay this amount instead of looking to provide benefits. \$750 should cover 3 musicians.

The Winterfest event runs for 3 hours; we can offer musicians a 45-minute set with 15 minutes of setup/packdown time.

If Annalyce has done the maths correctly, this should exhaust the orientation budget as it currently stands; additional orientation expenses will be sourced from other budget lines, either from spending from that line directly or moving it into the orientation line.

Action:

That the committee approves the expenditure of \$750 from the Events > Orientation budget line to hire musicians to perform at Winterfest. (Natural acct no: 03-60-690-3840)

Mover: Jack

Seconder: Amy

Discussion/result:

Passed without dissent.

9.10. Donut truck for Winterfest!

Preamble:

We are sharing Wilin Garden with the University for Winterfest. Like Summerfest, the uni will handle savoury food trucks and we will provide a dessert. The Hot Jam Donut Van has quoted us \$1970 for 300 donuts, which is the lowest quote we have received. Their donuts are vegan-friendly.

The food and beverages budget has been selected due to its larger-than-anticipated size.

Action:

That the committee approves the expenditure of \$1970 from the Events > Food and Beverages budget line to hire a donut truck for Winterfest. (Natural acct no: 03-60-690-3840)

Mover: Leyland Seconder: Amy
Discussion/result: Passed without dissent.

9.11. Stock the Breadbin over the break

Preamble: Pending a restock that has been caught in the gears of bureaucracy, all motions approving Breadbin expenditure will have been exhausted. This motion is to ensure we can further stock the Breadbin over the break, as the next committee meeting is likely a month away. Action: That the committee approves the expenditure of \$1000 from the Programs > General budget line to restock the Breadbin. (Natural acct no: 03-60-690-3839) Mover: Amy Seconder: Jack
Discussion/result: Passed without dissent.

10. Motions Without Notice

10.1. AV Melbourne Equipment Hire

Preamble:

Our besties at AV Melbourne have sent us a quote for AV equipment to use at Winterfest. The amount is the same as Summerfest, at \$403. We hire a range of equipment including mics, mic stands, a speaker, mixer and various leads to ensure we can meet the needs of our musician performers once selected.

The additional benefit of hiring from AV Melbourne is that they hire a delivery van and offer space for other departments to bring their own equipment down for the Winterfest event, meaning they don't have to carry as much with them on the day. This is especially useful this time around, as we have reached out to Sponsorships to provide the same showbags provided for the Parkville Winterfest events!

Action:

That the committee approves the expenditure of \$403 from the Events > General budget line to hire audiovisual equipment for Winterfest. (Natural acct no: 03-60-690-3840)

Mover: Todd

Seconder: Leyland

Discussion/result:

Passed without dissent.

10.2.

Annalyce moved a procedural motion to move onto other reports

Todd had to leave early.

Passed without dissent.

11. Other Business

12. Next Meeting

Mid-July, exceptions only for urgent matters

13. Close

Meeting closed at [3:40]

Appendices

Appendix 1: UMSU SOUTHBANK - Guide to Safe Meeting Practice

1. Be here in good faith with the goal of what is in the best interests of Southbank students
2. Come with good intentions to make the meeting succeed
3. Have the intention of reaching consensus and a commitment to consensus decision-making
4. Extend goodwill to all participants and do not assume that other participants intentions are negative
5. Try not to bring previous differences, difficulties and grievances to present decision-making
6. Be honest
7. Try to listen without preconceptions; be open to new ideas
8. Show respect for others' opinions
9. Address the issue, not the person
10. Avoid harming others by committing to avoid aggressive verbal or non-verbal interaction
11. Indicate your intention to speak without interrupting others
12. Take into consideration the skills and experiences of others when communicating; avoid overwhelming people with superior oratory skills
13. Leave the room if you do not intend to listen
14. If you need to have a private conversation, have it far enough away that it does not interrupt the meeting or disturb participants; ask the meeting for a recess if the situation warrants it
15. Attempt to be brief in your contributions and avoid wasting time
16. Be willing to take responsibility for your actions and apologise when you have harmed others

Appendix 2: Office Bearer Reports

Jack Doughty: Southbank Campus Coordinator

Key Activities

Finally finished up with my exams and quite excited about getting down to business with winterfest activities.

The next NTEU Strike is a 24 hour strike, with a rally up at Parkville on the 21st of June, Comrades at southbank can see if there's interest in a contingent- though I know many students have finished their exams by then and may not be near campus.

As the next semester begins I'm wanting to speak with more Southbank students about timetabling issues and their experiences with ASIMUT, My Timetable, Canvas, etc. I've been struggling to chat to students at the end of semester about these things, so am hoping that at the start of sem2 when these issues are much more relevant for students, they'll be more encouraged to want to take action, or atleast discuss the issue.

The Farrago Launch happened at Southbank and was rad as hell 🤙 Annalyce and I got to speak to people there about UMSU Southbank and the programs and collectives we run, as well as how to get involved!

Progress on assigned actions from last report

n/a

Action Points to be completed by next report

1. Instagram Take-over video for UMSU Social Media, Promote Southbank and our activities/resources on the main socials
2. Winterfest planning well underway, with tasks delegated amongst OBs
3. Ready to run BBQs next semester, and budget passed for those (maybe using the new credit card system? ooh)

Budget Expenditure

n/a

Annalyce Wiebenga: Southbank Campus Coordinator

CW: references to SASH (no explicit detail) in the “Resources for Survivors” section, references to ableism in the “Collectives” section, references to poverty in the “Breadbin” subsection under “Welfare Programs”.

Enjoy the many parentheses in this report. It is a problem and I will not resolve it. Furthermore, Microsoft Forms can get in the bin.

Key Activities

Meetings

- Southbank student experience and CME: Confirmed usage of Wilin Garden for the Southbank Winterfest event, access to Lionel's, intentions to do coffee vouchers and a dessert truck
- Meetings with Jeanette: Discussing various issues including common spaces for Visual Art students, CAPS needs money, status of the new cafeteria, plans for improved prayer room spaces, timetables being provided on time and for changes to be communicated with adequate notice
- Student Support meeting: Will have occurred just before committee.
- Mudfest meeting: Discussed further below, met the Production Manager and discussed venues and a bit of budget

Resources for Survivors

CME got the resources done just before Lauren (Sexual Harm Response Coordinator) went on leave. We've put up one carousel and added Women's as a collaborator, with CME posting separately. I have begun distributing the “what to say” posters on campus; this will be a project ongoing for a bit to ensure the campus is covered.

Collectives: Disabilities x Southbank

The final collective of semester saw some attendance at last. At last... vindication! We had some good conversations about ableism at the uni (e.g. harsh staff critiques of student work, not following through on offered accommodations) and Alice had the students added to the disabilities collective group chat. We heard some feedback about a bathroom used by the visual artists that has a narrow partition that renders the entrance inaccessible for anyone who uses mobility aids. Have passed that on to Campus Services and Jeanette, hoping we'll get something out of it. Haven't yet.

I still think we need a better venue, if it's even possible. The office has double doors and the facilitators on hand to operate them (consistently, all users need assistance due to swipe card access) and we have some control over the space. Not sure if we can find a comparable space in a better-travelled area, might put out some feelers.

Big thanks to the library staff for storing the catering in their fridge while I was rushing between campuses, because Fabulous Catering was nearly as bad as Woolworths with setting delivery times.

Welfare Programs

Breadbin

Has been back up and running, trying to arrange another delivery to cover the break.

PFD Foods was a bust, as it is more expensive than we thought. It has been acquired by Woolies, so maybe they jacked the prices up? So, Coles it is. Coles is a bit better with deliveries as they have shorter windows, more capacity for users to provide alternative contact information, and delivery is free over a certain expenditure threshold.

The condoms and dental dams arrived via post fairly painlessly. Might be worth continuing to separate that and menstrual care from the main order so we can be more flexible with those orders, as we know the uni staff check the post office on Fridays and they know how to contact us.

Student uptake of the revived Breadbin was immediate and I heard directly from students about their difficulty in having to choose between rent and groceries. Hopefully, with the switch to Coles and their better delivery practices, we can keep the program running more consistently.

BBQs

Someone on our team sent the wrong minutes for an invoice by mistake, resulting in a lengthy delay for the vendor, but I was able to identify the issue and fix it. Our remaining invoices are likely to be paid by Welfare as they have some budget set aside for us.

Week 12 BBQ threatened to be hectic as only Jack and I were available. Turned out okay, though! A student walking past jumped in to help with setup, which is a common occurrence. Xiaole from Media popped over to promote the Farrago launch happening at Betwixt in SWOTVAC. Good times were had.

Breakfasts

Week 11: Had an issue with fruit from Oasis appearing to have the beginnings of mould on it. We communicated the complaint. The SWOTVAC breakfast did not appear to have that issue. Zodie and I are of the mind to them out for Elizabeth Andrews for next semester.

Week 12 breakfast with Bunji was highly successful, with all the food being eaten. We also had some newcomers thanks to an announcement from Southbank student experience. SWOTVAC was a little quieter, but overall a nice vibe. We had some success talking to students about the Farrago launch happening later that week.

Student Solidarity With NTEU

Passed some money for better paintbrushes (I made an error with this; see budget expenditure). We ended up not needing them when the strike was cancelled thanks to the uni chickening out of their chancellor appointment event.

Frankly, the short notice made it difficult to get the word out to our constituents. Hoping that will improve next time; as much as I support the NTEU in their fight, I do wish they were a little better organised as I personally know casual workers who are impacted by issues such as not having the financial stability to lose even a few hours' worth of pay (promote your Industrial Defense Fund properly, please; I am begging you).

New all-day strike has been called for Wednesday 21 June. Most of our promotional channels have died down, being out of semester. We'll do a little bit of social media.

Winterfest

The VCA does not have mid-year intake; the Conservatorium (of Music) does, but the numbers are low. Our counterparts in student experience have some funding for a current students' festival, so we will latch onto that. Southbank student experience is a cooperative and communicative team (and we also need their support, frankly) so it behoves us to work together for these kinds of events. We also constantly find students who know nothing about UMSU, so any opportunity to reach new people is welcome.

At this rate, here is what things look like on our end, pending committee approval of expenditure:

- Donut food truck, using the A Frame we have borrowed from CME to advertise that it's a gift from us
- Coffee vouchers, pending agreement from Lionel's and Betwixt
- A coffee tab at Little Black
- A few UMSU-branded marquees distributed throughout the event site at Wilin Garden
- Tunes in Lionel's
- Possible activities in Lionel's
- Stalls of UMSU departments, have requested they provide activities
- Club stalls - the motorsports club has applied, which should be fun
- Department banner (finally)!
- Hopeful: Sponsored giveaways, pending the UMSU sponsorships department coming through
- Hopeful: Providing old UMSU tote bags

Now that most Office Bearers are settled into our roles, I hope we can see more events and support tailored towards our constituents rather than telling them to come to Parkville—many of them literally can't do that.

CME has been more proactive with us this time around.

Application/attendance forms are live for clubs and UMSU departments, after a disappearing Microsoft Form took a few years off my life. I have instituted a lateness policy to prevent a recurrence of Summerfest where a club showed up after the commencement of the event without informing us.

Southbank Ball

Planning has commenced, mostly by the Music Students Society. The Production Society is dead (would've appreciated being told this instead of being ghosted for months), so it'll just be the two of us! We have \$10.8k set aside and may have the capacity to provide more funding thanks to our SSAF grant relieving some budget pressure. The date is tentatively set for August 30 at San Remo Ballroom.

This is traditionally a Music Students Society event, and the MSS committee was my first position related to UMSU, so I am keenly aware of the importance of allowing them to keep their autonomy. I'm happy to offer opinions and advice as someone with experience in the club and UMSU at large, but this is their party. I have provided the MSS with our logos to include on their promotional graphics, as we are throwing a bunch of money at it and will help promote when they're ready to release tickets.

As a sidenote, the loss of ProdSoc leaves an even wider-than-before gap for faculty-based clubs for VCA students, especially now that the MSS is rebuilding their connection to the Conservatorium. Historically, UMSU Southbank was probably the closest equivalent, especially given the degree of unpaid labour running a club requires, which tends not to gel well with high coarseloads that are common at the VCA. We do have a reasonably high uptake of our events from VCA students.

(Note that I use Conservatorium to refer to the Music department and VCA to refer to the Fine Arts department, which is the correct delineation. Sorry to the Jazz and Interactive Composition students who are about to discover they're technically members of the Con and not the VCA.)

Menstrual Care at Southbank

Sought clarification about menstrual care vending machine in Southbank library. I'm hearing different things about whether or not students will be charged for these products, as part of the broader initiative with UMSUi and the University. Women's is fairly sure they will be provided at a cost to students but are in the process of confirming. Keen to be involved in a potential upcoming campaign to pressure the uni to provide these products for free. I mean, if Dandrews can do it...

What I can say for sure about the machine is that placing it close to the all-gender bathrooms is a good decision. It is a little tucked away, so some signage wouldn't go amiss.

Farrago Launch at Southbank/Other Departmental Events at Southbank

The launch is not our event so we didn't have much to do. I passed contact info for the student news onto Xiaole and they attended our week 12 BBQ to spread the word. Also helped with setup on the day at Betwixt. The event went well, with a mix of Parkville and Southbank students. I saw several of our BBQ regulars put in an appearance.

Working with Women's to secure a "paint and sip" collab event in Lionel's/Grant St Theatre Foyer in week 2 of semester 2. Should be on Thursday (August 3), each department will likely contribute at least \$1k, plus whatever we may need to pay for booking the venue. We're very fortunate the GST Foyer is available on the day! Still waiting for Space Hire to respond to me.

At this stage, the following departments have run, or intend to run, events and programs at Southbank: Indigenous, Queer, POC, Disabilities, Media, Education, Creative Arts. Welfare helps pay for our BBQ.

Good to see most departments have brought the party here. Hoping the other departments are running events/programs at other satellite campuses, or will run one here or elsewhere in the near future.

Mudfest

This is largely Helen's responsibility, but I've been involved in Mudfest previously so I'm happy to provide support and feedback. At this rate, we have three venue options for a week 4 appetiser night, depending on who actually responds to us and their availability:

- Lionel's/Grant St Theatre Foyer
- Betwixt
- Buxton Contemporary

Helen and I are likely to stage manage while Jack is likely to MC alongside Xavier from Creative Arts.

Corporate Credit Card Trial

I have no assessments currently, so I have been asked to trial a virtual credit card for UMSU. If it works, this will greatly increase our autonomy and flexibility, particularly for the Breadbin, and decrease our reliance on reimbursements for the BBQ.

I was hoping to include the transaction record in the agenda, but have yet to have my card top-up requested approved at this time of writing. Thus, there are no transactions to record. If available, I will have sent them prior to the committee meeting and will append them to the minutes. I will also be uploading these minutes prior to committee approval at Ciara's request, but they will be marked as unconfirmed.

As this is an early-stage trial, I will not include my thoughts here but will provide a bit of an update in the meeting.

Administrative & Misc Duties

- Commenced annual report draft
- Commenced handover document draft, starting with the document from last year, might start a separate one entirely if I get fed up with it
- Re-requested Jeanette's inclusion in the Respect Reference Group, as Amanda went on leave shortly after we discussed it the first time and some wires got crossed
- Sending so many quote requests to CME (sorry)

Progress on assigned actions from last report

- Restock Breadbin :(- FINALLY DONE
- Discuss staff card access to a building with staff printing at Southbank with Southbank campus management/whoever - done
- Get up-to-date on uploading minutes to the website - done
- Map out some ideas for Winterfest - done
- Map out a rough schedule for semester 2 recurring programs - can't do yet
- Receive SSAF funding or notify the staff if not received - need to follow up on this

Action points to be completed by next report

- Check if SSAF funding has been received
- Map out a rough schedule for semester 2 recurring programs
- Send minutes as confirmation to all requested expenditure for Winterfest
- Confirm club numbers at Winterfest
- Confirm UMSU department numbers and activities at Winterfest

Budget Expenditure

Item	Budget line	Allocated	Spent
Additional Disabilities x Southbank Collective funding	Programs > Collectives	\$97.80	Accounted for in previous report
Student Solidarity Paint Supplies	Supplies > General	\$25	None*
Groceries for Breadbin	Programs > General	\$2000	\$759.40 Total: \$1133.90

BBQ expenditure is managed by Jack Doughty. It's the one budgetary thing that I am not micromanaging pls let me rest

*I belatedly realised we've gone over our allocation for this budget line by mistake, so we won't spend this amount that was approved by committee. Included for record-keeping purposes. If necessary, we'll do a new motion in another meeting to move some funding into this budget line.

Helen Shen: Southbank Activities Coordinator

Key Activities

- Weekly BBQs on Tuesdays 12-2pm
- Breakfasts Thursdays from 9am
- Breadbin stock up
- Sent emails to Fine Arts Booking for Mudfest event July 18
- Farrago Edition 3 launch
- UMSU Southbank Winterfest Meeting
- Posted on UMSU Southbank socials for the Wattle Fellowship 23/24
- Researched hot dessert food trucks
- UMSU Mudfest Meeting
- Attending disciplinary panel for June 15th

Progress on assigned actions from last report

- Emailed Fine Arts bookings, Kelly, Abe, Dove, Manda, and Katie for Mudfest booking
- Researched food trucks

Action Points to be completed by next report

- Attend disciplinary panel for June 15th
- Email Betwixt and Buxton Contemporary
- Reply to hot jam donut van to confirm
- See to Abe's reply to liaise with another staff member on Grant ST foyer for Mudfest
- Pin up posters for Wattle Fellowship 23/24 around Southbank campus

Budget Expenditure (if applicable)

- Also see Annalyce's report

Zodie Bolic: Southbank Education Officer

Key Activities:

I've been very busy over the past few weeks of semester as I had my season of 'Gesturing, Weaving, Unfolding', but now that that's all done, I'm back on the UMSU grind!

Winterfest

The big thing that's happening! Now that my show season is done, I've been able to contribute more to the Winterfest planning. I'm currently working on some ideas for low cost, friend building events we can run during Winterfest to encourage friendships and make Winterfest that place to be! Additionally, the team has been creating some more merchandise for UMSU Southbank to be kept for future years which is great! We've also been organising a food truck for Winterfest, which hopefully we can brand with UMSU signage everywhere and make sure students know UMSU is providing!

Mudfest

Was able to sit in on a meeting with Creative Arts and the Mudfest team discussing the Southbank Appetiser event for Mudfest being planned for the week before the festival kicks off. The plan so far is for a few acts at Betwixt with some drinks and food provided, but still waiting for things to get locked in! Looking forward to a great event.

Other Activities

Now that I actually have time, I'm going to get ahead on some of my activities for next semester so I can ensure I see out my term well. If anyone has any ideas for any campaigns they would like us as a department to pursue please reach out! Should be able to publish the Southbank Anti-Racism survey soon, so keep an eye out for that.

Progress on assigned actions from last report

1. To do this month.
2. To do this month.
3. Working on it!
4. Almost ready to go.

Actions to be completed by next report

1. Create low-cost Winterfest event.
2. Publish Southbank Anti-Racism survey.
3. Complete online Governance training.
4. Come up with ideas for events for next semester.
5. Generate ideas for campaigns for next semester