Rowden White Library Bag Design Competition 2018
In the near future, we’ll be producing a special range of custom Rowden White Library calico tote bags – and we want YOU to design the graphic for it!
We want you to create bag artwork that captures how great you think the Library is and includes a reference to this being the Library’s 80th year. Of course, we’ll also need to include the important stuff like our logo and URL. Here’s your chance to be a part of Rowdy history!
Prizes for the competition are:
- 1st Prize – $250 Readings Voucher
- 2nd Prize – $100 Readings Voucher
- 3rd Prize – $75 Readings Voucher
Design Brief & Conditions of Entry
Due to the production method and to ensure the design translates accurately, all entered designs must conform to the following requirements:
- The final design must be no larger than 19cm x 25cm, portrait orientation, on the template provided. The website and cobranded logo that appear on the template must not be altered in anyway.
- The design must be black and white only.
- Designs may be simple graphics, images or text, or any combination thereof. Please note that gradients, complicated patterns and small details may be lost in reproduction.
- All aspects of the design must be original work.
- Artwork submission may be either by physical or digital means on the template provided. If artwork is digitally submitted, it must be scanned at 300dpi and no larger than 10mb.
- Acceptable file types include EPS, PDF and high-resolution JPG.
- All fonts must be outlined.
- The design must include the following details, clearly rendered:
- Rowden White Library
- A reference to this being the 80th year of the Library
Conditions of Entry
1. Entry is open to current students of the University of Melbourne only.
2. Entry is free.
3. Closing time, 7pm Monday 30 April, 2018. No late submissions accepted.
• 1st Prize: $250 Readings Voucher
• 2nd Prize: $100 Readings Voucher
• 3rd Prize: $75 Readings Voucher
5. The entrant’s name or identifying information must not appear on the design.
6. Entries must be the entrant’s own, original, unpublished work (including student publications and/or the internet), and not have won a prize in any other competition.
7. Entries must be accompanied by the official entry form.
8. Copyright remains with the entrant. By entering this Competition, entrants give permission for their entries to be used in promoting the Rowden White Library and/or the Student Union in any form or context without charge or payment.
9. Entrants also accept that their design may be modified in any way by the Student Union when being used for promoting the Rowden White Library and/or the Student Union.
10. Employees, Office Bearers and Committee Members of UMSU are NOT eligible to enter.
11. The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
12. Entries will not be returned. Please keep a copy of your work.
13. Entries that do not conform to these Conditions or the Design Brief will be disqualified from the competition.
How to Enter
Fill out the form below, or stop by the Rowden White Library and give the artwork to a staff member.
Enquiries, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 8344 6967.