If you’re coming to campus, make sure you carefully read the unimelb guidelines so you know your responsibilities to help us keep our campuses safe for everyone. Don’t come to campus if you are unwell. Find out more about coming to campus on the unimelb coming to campus page. Make sure you complete the online health declaration before coming as we may need proof of completion to enter UMSU events and spaces.
I am ATTENDING a small gathering or an event on campus. What precautions should I take to protect myself and others from getting infected with COVID-19?
- Always check local regulations before attending an event.
- Stay at home if you are feeling unwell.
- Always comply with the following basic preventive measures:
- Maintain at least 1.5 metre distance from others, and wear a mask if you cannot guarantee this distance.
- Wear a mask at all times when indoors.
- Cover a sneeze or cough with a tissue or bent elbow, and immediately dispose of tissue in a closed-lid bin. Avoid touching eyes, nose and mouth.
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and water, or with a hand sanitizer.
- Venues and facilities have specific requirements such as operating with a COVIDSafe Plan, density limits (maximum numbers of people allowed in a space), cleaning and record keeping – please respect these. UMSU COVIDSafe plan is here.
For attendee expectations at events, please head to Covidsafe Events – Attendee Information
University health or COVID test related questions/notification