Interested in the quality of your education?
Application for the student rep positions in 2021 are open now! Find out more.
Have you ever wondered who makes the decisions that dictate what you study in your course, who teaches you, how many students there are in your class and how long the exam period is? Have you ever had issues with any of these things and wondered if there’s a way to change them? Then the Student Representative Network (SRN) is the place for you.
The SRN is a group of students that care about their education and want a say in the decision-making process. Students sit as voting student representatives on a University Committee and have a say in all the decisions made.
Students are supported by Student Governance Training provided by the UMSU Advocacy and Legal Department to understand and contribute to committees. The SRN holds regular meetings throughout the semester, during which Student Representatives report back on the issues discussed in their committee meetings and seek advice and input from other student representatives, to work towards positive change for all students.
The SRN provides a great opportunity for students to get more involved in their University experience, have a say and enact change.
Apply for a 2021 Student Rep position here.
- Academic Programs Committee
- Libraries and Academic Resources Committee
- Selection Procedures Committee
- Teaching and Learning Quality Assurance Committee
Senior Executive Sub-Committees:
- Lorna Stirling Estate Committee
Property and Campus Services Committees:
- Arts Faculty Board
- Arts Faculty Library Committee
- Arts Education and Students Committee
- Fine Arts and Music Academic Committee
- Conservatorium Learning and Teaching Committee
- VCA Learning and Teaching Committee
Faculty Boards committees may initiate and make suggestions to the Deans, as well as respond to and make comment on advice provided by the Deans on a range of issues. Some Faculty Boards are filled by the individual faculties and UMSU fills the committees listed above.
- Bachelor of Arts Course Standing Committee
- Bachelor of Biomedicine Course Standing Committee
- Bachelor of Commerce Course Standing Committee
- Bachelor of Music Course Standing Committee
- Bachelor of Science Course Standing Committee
- Bachelor of Fine Arts Course Standing Committee
Policies and Procedures
SRN Policy: SRN_Policy_18Dec2020
For more information please contact your student representatives: email@example.com