Interested in the quality of your education?
Student Representative Applications for 2016 are now closed, please come back in October 2016 for 2017 applications.
Have you ever wondered who makes the decisions that dictate what you study in your course, who teaches you, how many students there are in your class and how long the exam period is? Have you ever had issues with any of these things and wondered if there’s a way to change them? Then the Student Representative Network (SRN) is the place for you.
The SRN is a group of students that care about their education and want a say in the decision-making process. Students sit as voting student representatives on a University Committee and have a say in all the decisions made.
Students are supported by Student Governance Training provided by the UMSU Advocacy and Legal Department, the Graduate Student Association (GSA) and the Education Officers to understand and contribute to committees. The SRN holds regular meetings throughout semester, during which Student Representatives report back on the issues discussed in their committee meetings and seek advice and input from other student representatives, to work towards positive change for all students.
The SRN provides a great opportunity for students to get more involved in their University experience, have a say and enact change.
Please note – applications have closed for 2016, please come back October 2016 if you are interested in applying for 2017!
- Finance Committee
- Building and Estates
- Academic Programs Committee
- Libraries and Academic Resources Committee
- Selection Procedures Committee
- Teaching and Learning Development Committee
- Teaching and Learning Quality Assurance Committee
- IT Committee
- Melbourne Custom Programs Committee
- Research Higher Degrees Committee
- Pathways Taskforce (Working Group)
Senior Executive Sub-Committees:
- Lorna Stirling Estate Committee
Well-being Services Advisory Committees:
Property and Campus Services Committees:
- Arts Faculty Board
- Arts Faculty Library Committee
- Arts Teaching and Learning
- Business and Economics Faculty Board
- Science Faculty Board
- Science Undergraduate Faculty Board
Melbourne Graduate School of Science Academic Programs Committee
Faculty Boards committees may initiate and make suggestions to the Deans, as well as respond to and make comment on advice provided by the Deans on a range of issues. Some Faculty Boards are filled by the individual faculties and UMSU fills the committees listed above. NOTE: You must be studying in the faculty to be on the board.
- Bachelor of Arts Course Standing Committee
- Bachelor of Commerce Course Standing Committee
- Bachelor of Music Course Core Standing Committee
- Bachelor of Biomedicine and Science Course Standing Committee
- Bachelor of Environments Course Standing Committee
NOTE: You must be studying in the faculty to be on a Course Standing Board.
- Central Human Research Ethics Committee
- Research Ethics and Integrity Strategy Committee
- Research Training Advisory Committee
- Food and Retail Operations Steering Group
- Wayfinding Strategy Steering Committee
- Student Loan and Grant Committee
- Fair Trade Steering Committee
For more information please contact your student representatives: EducationAcademic@union.unimelb.edu.au