Education Public Dept News – Casual Vacancy
Charlie Joyce and Charlotte Fouhy have submitted their resignations as the Education Public Office Bearers effective from the 10 January 2020, creating a casual vacancy. An unscheduled meeting of the Education Committee has been called for Thursday 23 January 2020 at 2pm to consider filling the casual vacancy. The meeting will be held in the Education Office, Level 1, Union House.
All students are eligible to nominate for the position as outlined by the UMSU constitution and may do so by emailing the General Secretary at email@example.com. When nominating, please let us know if you will be in attendance, or if in lieu of this, sending in a written statement.
The aims and objectives of the department are:
- to initiate and coordinate education campaigns, particularly with regard to access and equity for all Students;
- to raise awareness of educational issues among staff and Students;
- to campaign and advocate on issues relating to the quality of education, Student rights, and the needs of specific groups of Students at all campuses; and
- to monitor the implementation of education policy and teaching arrangements within the University.
When selecting a student to fill the vacancy, the Committee must consider the following criteria:
- Previous experience
- Involvement in UMSU, department, collective, committee, Students’ Council or any body thereof
- Previous or current holding of an Officer position in UMSU
- Proven honesty and integrity
- Proven commitment to the aims and objectives of UMSU (as outlined in our constitution)
For further details or queries, please contact the General Secretary.
UMSU General Secretary