The aims and objectives of the Victorian College of the Arts Department are:
(a) to provide a suitable cultural and social climate on campus and create opportunities for, and encourage, the development of social interaction between Students.
(b) to provide for, protect and develop the interests of Students with regard to financial, social, educational, professional and welfare matters and encourage interest groups and clubs and societies on campus.
(c) to represent Students’ interests in any matters as deemed necessary or desirable by the Department.
(d) to provide, or ensure the provision of, facilities and services for the academic support, professional education, refreshment, entertainment, recreation and convenience of Students.
(e) to occupy and operate premises, which shall be a common meeting place and social centre for Students.
(f) to assume other such responsibilities and organise and direct such activities as may be deemed appropriate for giving expression to the interests of the Department, or for carrying out any of the objects aforesaid.
(g) to be represented within UMSU and to cooperate with the Departments of UMSU and contribute to the specified aims and objectives of UMSU.
(h) to afford a recognised means of communication between students and the authorities of the campus, University, the community at large and other organisations of students.
The voting Representatives of the Victorian College of the Arts Department Committee are elected from Members who are enrolled in a higher education course at the Southbank Campus. The VCASA Committee consists of the VCA Campus Co-ordinator, Activities and Events Co-ordinator and Campaigns Co-ordinator as non-voting members, the Creative Arts Officers as ex-officio non voting members and 7 voting members. The current members and the tickets they were elected on (if any) are:
VCA Campus Co-ordinator
Nicholas Lam (More!)
VCA Campaigns Co-ordinator
Clara Cruz Jose (More!)
VCA Activities & Events Co-ordinator
Marcus Henry Peters (More!)
Creative Arts Officers
Freya McGrath & Ashleigh Morris (More!)
Chris King (More!)
Xavier Da Costa (Choice)
Eleanor Kirk (More!)
Sebastian Klarica (More!)
Annabelle Ots (More!)
Jennifer Ciliberto (More!)
Michael Norris (More!)
The VCA Committee has not had a quorate meeting in 2016
- VCA Committee Meeting 1, 19.02.15 Confirmed Minutes
- VCA Committee Meeting 2, 12.03.15 Confirmed Minutes
- VCA Committee Meeting 3, 26.03.15 Confirmed Minutes
- VCA Committee Meeting 4, 16.04.15 Confirmed Minutes
- VCA Committee Meeting 5, 30.04.15 Confirmed Minutes
- VCA Committee Meeting 6, 14.05.15 Confirmed Minutes
- VCA Committee Meeting 7, 28.05.15 Confirmed Minutes
- VCA Committee Meeting 8, 04.06.15 Confirmed Minutes
- VCA Committee Meeting 9, 02.07.15 Confirmed Minutes
- VCA Committee Meeting 10, 23.07.15 Confirmed Minutes
- VCA Committee Meeting 11, 20.08.15 Confirmed Minutes
- VCA Committee Meeting 12, 24.09.15 Confirmed Minutes
- VCA Committee Meeting 13, 24.11.15 Unconfirmed Minutes
The VCA Committee has not had a quorate meeting in 2014
- Final VCASA minutes, 2nd October 2013
- Minutes 05.06.13
- VCA SA meeting 3rd July 2013
- VCA SA Minutes August 18 COMPLETE
- VCA SA Minutes August 29 Complete
- VCA SA Minutes November 26 Complete
- VCA Student Association Annual report
- VCASA Committee Minutes July 3 COMPLETE
- VCASA Committee Minutes July 25 COMPLETE
NB: This committee was called the VCAM Student Association from 2010-2013
The VCA Committee has not had a quorate meeting in 2012
The VCA Committee has not had a quorate meeting in 2011
- VCAMSA M1 01.02.10
- VCAMSA M2 08.02.10
- VCAMSA M3 16.02.10
- VCAMSA M4 05.03.10
- VCAMSA M5 20.04.10
- VCAMSA M6 09.06.10
- VCAMSA M7 21.06.10
- VCAMSA M8 14.09.10
- VCAMSA M9 05.11.10
The VCASA was not affiliated to UMSU prior to 2010.