The aims and objectives of the Southbank Department (formerly the Victorian College of the Arts Department) are:
(a) to provide a suitable cultural and social climate on campus and create opportunities for, and encourage, the development of social interaction between Students.
(b) to provide for, protect and develop the interests of Students with regard to financial, social, educational, professional and welfare matters and encourage interest groups and clubs and societies on campus.
(c) to represent Students’ interests in any matters as deemed necessary or desirable by the Department.
(d) to provide, or ensure the provision of, facilities and services for the academic support, professional education, refreshment, entertainment, recreation and convenience of Students.
(e) to occupy and operate premises, which shall be a common meeting place and social centre for Students.
(f) to assume other such responsibilities and organise and direct such activities as may be deemed appropriate for giving expression to the interests of the Department, or for carrying out any of the objects aforesaid.
(g) to be represented within UMSU and to cooperate with the Departments of UMSU and contribute to the specified aims and objectives of UMSU.
(h) to afford a recognised means of communication between students and the authorities of the campus, University, the community at large and other organisations of students.
The voting Representatives of the Southbank Department Committee are elected from Members who are enrolled in a higher education course at the Southbank Campus. The Southbank Committee consists of the Southbank Campus Co-ordinator, Activities and Events Co-ordinator and Campaigns Co-ordinator as voting members, the Creative Arts Officers as ex-officio non voting members and 7 voting members. The current members and the tickets they were elected on (if any) are:
Southbank Campus Co-ordinator
Lily Ekins (More!)
Southbank Campaigns Co-ordinator
Lachlan McLean (More!)
Southbank Activities & Events Co-ordinator
Marcus Peters (More!)
Creative Arts Officers
Ellie Hamill & Lucy Holz (More!)
Carter Mursell More!
Erica Wild Stand Up!
Nicole Ng More!
Hayley Edwards Stand Up!
Hayden Williams More!
Vacant (awaiting appointment) Stand Up!
Carmody Nicol Stand Up!
NB: This committee was called the VCA Student Association from 2013 to 2018
- Meeting 1 – 23/03/2018 Confirmed inquorate
- Meeting 2 – 24/05/2018 Confirmed inquorate
- Meeting 3 – 07/06/2018 Confirmed
- Meeting 4 – 21/06/2018 Unconfirmed
- Meeting 5 – 20/09/2018 Unconfirmed inquorate
- Meeting 6 – 15/10/2018 Unconfirmed inquorate
The VCA Committee has not had a quorate meeting in 2016
- VCA Committee Meeting 1, 19.02.15 Confirmed Minutes
- VCA Committee Meeting 2, 12.03.15 Confirmed Minutes
- VCA Committee Meeting 3, 26.03.15 Confirmed Minutes
- VCA Committee Meeting 4, 16.04.15 Confirmed Minutes
- VCA Committee Meeting 5, 30.04.15 Confirmed Minutes
- VCA Committee Meeting 6, 14.05.15 Confirmed Minutes
- VCA Committee Meeting 7, 28.05.15 Confirmed Minutes
- VCA Committee Meeting 8, 04.06.15 Confirmed Minutes
- VCA Committee Meeting 9, 02.07.15 Confirmed Minutes
- VCA Committee Meeting 10, 23.07.15 Confirmed Minutes
- VCA Committee Meeting 11, 20.08.15 Confirmed Minutes
- VCA Committee Meeting 12, 24.09.15 Confirmed Minutes
- VCA Committee Meeting 13, 24.11.15 Unconfirmed Minutes
The VCA Committee has not had a quorate meeting in 2014
- Final VCASA minutes, 2nd October 2013
- Minutes 05.06.13
- VCA SA meeting 3rd July 2013
- VCA SA Minutes August 18 COMPLETE
- VCA SA Minutes August 29 Complete
- VCA SA Minutes November 26 Complete
- VCA Student Association Annual report
- VCASA Committee Minutes July 3 COMPLETE
- VCASA Committee Minutes July 25 COMPLETE
NB: This committee was called the VCAM Student Association from 2010-2013
The VCA Committee has not had a quorate meeting in 2012
The VCA Committee has not had a quorate meeting in 2011
- VCAMSA M1 01.02.10
- VCAMSA M2 08.02.10
- VCAMSA M3 16.02.10
- VCAMSA M4 05.03.10
- VCAMSA M5 20.04.10
- VCAMSA M6 09.06.10
- VCAMSA M7 21.06.10
- VCAMSA M8 14.09.10
- VCAMSA M9 05.11.10
The VCASA was not affiliated to UMSU prior to 2010.