Effective 8th September 2023, there is now a Casual Vacancy for the Burnley Campus Coordinator position.
At the next scheduled meeting of the Burnley Committee on Friday 10 November at 3pm at the Burnley Campus - MB26 and via Zoom, the Committee will consider filling the casual vacancy as per C6.12(c)(d) of the UMSU Constitution. If you require the Zoom link for accessibilities purposes, please contact the General Secretary.
Please note this vacancy is for the 2023-2024 term.
The aims and objectives of the department are:
- To provide a suitable cultural, social and sporting climate on campus and create opportunities for, and encourage, the development of social interaction between Students.
- To provide for, protect and develop the interests of Students with regard to financial, social, educational, professional and welfare matters and encourage interest groups and clubs and societies on campus.
- To represent Students’ interests in any matters as deemed necessary or desirable by the Department.
- To provide, or ensure the provision of, facilities and services for the academic support, professional education, refreshment, entertainment, recreation and convenience of Students.
- To occupy and operate premises, which will be a common meeting place and social centre for Students.
- To assume other such responsibilities and organise and direct such activities as may be deemed appropriate for giving expression to the interests of the Department, or for carrying out any of the objects aforesaid.
- To be represented within UMSU and to cooperate with the Departments of UMSU and contribute to the specified aims and objectives of UMSU.
- To afford a recognised means of communication between students and the authorities of the campus, University, the community at large and other organisations of students.
Further details of the work undertaken by the Burnley Campus Coordinator can be found here.
When selecting a student to fill the vacancy, the Committee must consider the following criteria:
- Previous experience;
- Involvement in UMSU, department, collective, committee, Students’ Council or any body thereof;
- Previous or current holding of an Officer position in UMSU;
- Proven honesty and integrity;
- Proven commitment to the aims and objectives of UMSU (as outlined in our Constitution).
Please note that the person must be a member of UMSU and an enrolled student at the University of Melbourne Burnley Campus to fill the casual vacancy.
For further details or queries, please contact the General Secretary via email.
UMSU Annual Election
The University of Melbourne Student Union (UMSU)'s annual election ran from Monday 4 September to Friday 8 September 2023. Note this includes the Clubs & Societies Committee election.
More information about the UMSU Annual Election.
UMSU International Annual General Election
The UMSU International 2023 annual general election was held 15th – 19th May. More
More information about the UMSU International Annual General Election.
A by-election was held in April 2023 to fill vacancies held over from the 2022 election, and additional vacancies that arose since that time.
More information about the UMSU By-election, April 2023.
Past election reports
Reports for previous UMSU annual elections.
Contact the Returning Officer
The Returning Officer is the person in charge of administering UMSU’s elections. The Returning Officer is appointed each year by UMSU’s Electoral Tribunal, who exercise ultimate oversight of the election.
For 2023, UMSU has appointed Stephen Luntz of Above Quota Elections as Returning Officer.
General contact information:
- Elections website: https://umsu.unimelb.edu.au/elections (you’re here now!)
- By email: email@example.com
- Postal mail: UMSU Returning Officer, c/o Above Quota Elections, PO Box 2157, Fitzroy, VIC 3065 (please email to advise of documents sent by postal mail)
- On campus: we will maintain an office on campus during the annual election period
- Individual contact details for the RO and DRO: below