Campus Sustainability Walking Tour
Come along on a walking tour with the Environment Department and find out how UMSU keeps it sustainable on campus!
Beginning at the new Bike Co-Op site, and making tracks towards the Community Garden, Food Co-Op, Enviro Office, with a bit of DIY planting, sustainable + delicious cooking, and activism history thrown in along the way, we’ll finish up the tour with a picnic in Systems Garden with the Environment Collective.
Check out the digital map of our route and make sure to get to the Bike Co-op at 11am for this FREE Summerfest event: bit.ly/umsuenvirotour
VCA SummerFest Carnival
20 February, 12-5pm,
Southbank Campus (Victorian College of the Arts)
Come celebrate SummerFest at Unimelb’s creative hub! UMSU student reps from the Education and Queer depts will also have fun stalls for you to explore.
Botanic Drawing – Burnley
Wednesday 28 February 2018
This special instalment of the regular Botanic Drawing workshop from the UMSU Creative Arts department will take place amongst the rich greenery of the Burnley Campus! Practise your drawing skills in the open space while taking inspiration from your surroundings. Breathe in the fresh air and exhale art.
There will be a two hour class run by Australian artist Andrew Seward, and all materials will be provided.
Spaces are limited, so we will email you if you have secured a place.
To register a place, fill out the form below:
Sunday, 25 February 2018
Join us on a mini tour around the world’s most liveable city as you forge new friendships, get acquainted with Australian culture and participate in mini games!
We’ll be meeting up at Brown Theatre (Electrical Engineering Building) before heading off to explore famous landmarks as well as a trip to the fresh air at Rayner’s Orchard!
Limited spots available – register at the UMSU International Carnival Day stall!
Host Campus Tours
Joining a Host Campus Tour is a great way to start your life at uni!
It’s a way to meet new people and get acclimatised to the Unimelb campus, with plenty of chances to socialise with other new students from your faculty.
What are Host Campus Tours?
UMSU’s Host Program runs campus tours which give you an opportunity to meet a bunch of students from your course, go on a tour of the campus and get some tips and tricks on enjoying uni life! We welcome all students and are excited to meet you at a Host Campus Tour on 2018 SummerFest Carnival Day (Tuesday 20 February).
If you’re looking for a specific host on the day, they will be wearing the following coloured lanyards:
- Arts – Royal Blue
- Biomedicine – Red
- Commerce – Pale Blue
- Design – Orange
- Environments & Agriculture – Gold
- Music – Purple
- Science – Green
- VCA – Bright Yellow (Bright yellow)
- Check your emails, text messages and even your Facebook messages: Hosts will be attempting to contact their student groups in a variety of ways, so please be on the lookout for messages from them. When you DO hear from your Host, we ask that you please message them back to confirm you have received their invitation.
- Go with friends: If you receive a direct invitation from your Host, you must attend the tour with them. However, if you fail to hear from a Host assigned to you but you have friends who are attending a tour with a different Host, feel free to tag along with them! Simply make sure it’s okay with your friend’s Host before you join their tour.
- Didn’t get a host? If you weren’t allocated a host, if you get lost or don’t know who your Host is, please head to the V Hive on the Ground Floor of Union House and a friendly person will assign you to a group.
Current hosts can book, view and alter their training sessions using the following link: http://host.engagementprogram.com/Student/LogOn
Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Friday 23 February 2018
Having problems finding new places to eat? No problem.
Melbourne is one of the best cities in the world for foodies and we’ll explore two of the hottest areas: Lygon Street AND South Melbourne.
Let’s have fun and enjoy good food together. We’re meeting first at Brown Theatre (Electrical Engineering Building) before heading out for Food Adventure!
Tickets available at Carnival Day!