The Australasian Association was set up in 1996 with the goal of bringing together Asian and Australian communities together within Melbourne University. Since then, we have become the largest non-faculty university club in Victoria, and are renowned for our Annual Ball as well as other great events throughout the year.
The committee, being students ourselves, understand all the stresses of every day university life. We have been chosen to represent the majority, bringing to you events that YOU want. Purely a social club, we aim to help students relax and enjoy their university lives.
Our events are open to both members and non-members from all tertiary institutions so please do not hesitate to get involved!
Our events include:
- Annual Ball
- Free BBQs
- Cocktail Night
- Fashion Show
- Annual Wok Competition (Melbourne vs Monash)
- End of Exams Parties
- Orientation Parties
- Boat Cruises
Sound like your cup of tea? Make your time at university worthwhile and join in on the fun. Join the Australasian Association and take part in as many of our events as possible! We can’t wait to meet you.
- To provide a mechanism through which Australian-born Asian students can communicate and interact with one another on a social level.
- To promote closer ties between its members.
- To promote and defend the welfare of its members.
- To organise social and educational activities for its members.
- To encourage involvement and participation of its members in general university activities in a productive/constructive manner, which will help to achieve the other aims of the Association.
- To promote the recognition of Australian-born Asian students as a distinct group, both within the club and within the wider community.
First Floor, Union House
University of Melbourne VIC 3010
You can also sign up through our online club membership form.