Arts Programs Assistant – Creative Maintenance
The casual position of the Arts Programs Creative Maintenance Assistantis required to support and assist the Arts Programs Department in the delivery of creative workshops for UMSU students. The casual will be required to have experience in operating art equipment (such as a badge-making machine) safely and efficiently; think creatively where design assistance is requested and communicate effectively in a busy art environment.
- Assist in the preparation of creative workshops as directed;
- Assist in the conducting of arts workshops as directed;
- Operate badge-making machines and other devices as required, within the scope of the position;
- Ensure the efficient clean up after the completion of a workshop;
- Maintain the required standard of health and safety in the Arts Lab and any external
- venues whilst undertaking casual work;
- Assume responsibility for the security of the Arts Lab and its equipment when on duty;
- Report any venue equipment damage or failure promptly; and
- Assist staff as directed in the setting-up of art installations in various locations throughout Union House.
Desirable skills and qualifications:
- Demonstrated skills and commitment to high-level customer service;
- Excellent interpersonal, analytical and communication skills, with the ability to show initiative and flexibility;
- Ability to work independently and as an effective team member;
- Demonstrated knowledge of interpreting and applying guidelines, practices and procedures;
- Art and Design experience gained from Secondary School studies;
- Art studio experience obtained through the participation of creative arts workshops;
- Experience in basic maintenance of technical equipment and ability to identify equipment faults;
- Excellent knowledge of relevant building regulations regarding safe work practices;
- First Aid Qualifications (preferred but not essential).
Hit Apply Now below to fill out an expression of interest, or hit back to browse other roles.